WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hyde Park Brewing Company

Hyde Park Brewing Company
Ranked #6 of 46 Restaurants in Hyde Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poughkeepsie,NY
“Not a good venue for NFL Football”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

First I want to say that I love the food here and I am big fan of The Big Easy Blonde. But last Sunday I showed up excited to watch all the NFL games since the establishment has the NFL Sunday Ticket. I think that's the last time for I will make that mistake. First of all the TV’s should be upgraded because most are not sharp, secondly since the have Flat screen High Def and there is no reason I should be watching a game with the black bar on the top and the bottom ( a cropped picture). When I asked the bartender Adam about this he said "that’s how most the TV's are look". He was correct but either lacked knowledge of how to operate the TV’s or didn't damn of how important watching the NFL on Sunday's is to NFL fans. Since NFL Sunday Ticket is the big draw how about prepping the TV's by having the proper aspect to watch high def TV and upgrade your TV’s. Remember most people can sit home and watch a great TV and not pay $15 for pitcher of IPA. Lastly please put the best games in the premier spots not the Indy vs. Cleveland game in the middle of the viewing area for all to see and no one has interest in that game. Maybe you should upgrade the TV's because the price of a pitcher of the IPA may go up higher than the $15. To be fair I think their food is some of the best, tastiest reasonably priced food in the area.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Monroe, NY
“Sexy "Big Easy Blonde"!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went there to buy a growler of their micro brew beer. Quiet, sedate, comfortable atmosphere at the bar, bartender was very sweet and helpful. My husband tasted the Big Easy Blonde and the Von Stupp Black Lager. Both very good, but went with the Blonde. Did not eat there, but the menu did look interesting. Will definitely go back for their beer Everyone there seemed very friendly. If you like micro breweries - this is a good one to hit up.

“Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Beer was great! Service was good. Food was aweful. went there with 6 friends this weekend (we are doing a brew-crawl) needless to say we will not be returning here. Sucked b/c I thought the "scotch egg" would be great. It was a fried egg over potato salad!

Poughkeepsie, New York
“Consistant....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been dining here for years.... To be honest, I pass the place almost every day. Saying to myself, "I should go there again". When a co-worker suggested HPBC for a business lunch I was excited, but was quick to remember that they are closed for lunch on Monday and Tuesday. So scheduled the meeting and we were off. We got there post lunch crowd and had the dining room to ourselves and an ever so attentive waiter. There was three of us dining, ordering apps, specials and salads, even a bottle of wine. (Who would have thought there was a decent affordable wine list at a place that makes their own beer?) Food was served, hot and tasty. When it came time for coffee, we could tell that it was a little thick from sitting in the pot, when we mentioned it to the server, he apologized and quickly made us a fresh pot. If you haven't been here in awhile, try it again...

Norfolk, Virginia
“Nice brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

The brunch menu is a little sparse, but what's on there is delicious. The eggs benedict were quite good, my bloody mary was perfect, our server was a nice young man who let us linger over our family gathering. This was my third time there, and there will be a fourth.

Visited August 2012