“FDR Home”

Hudson Valley New York Great Estates Pass
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Hyde Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Visit FDR's 1826 home that remains almost exactly as it was at the time of the president's death in 1945, including the stables, icehouses, a walking trail, and the graves of Franklin and Eleanor located in the Rose Garden.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

There is a lot to see between the house, the grounds, and the museum. You can plan to spend a few hours between them. Everything was very well maintained, and you can expect to learn a lot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)
All reviews
"house tour"
in 49 reviews
"franklin delano roosevelt"
in 19 reviews
"the national park service"
in 44 reviews
in 28 reviews
"step back in time"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I learned so much about FDR. We don’t learn much in our history classes. This was a great tour. Both the library and the house. I would suggest it to anyone that would like to learn more about how our country was made

1  Thank maryjo94
Reviewed February 11, 2014

FDR's home is one of the best presidential museums in America. It is filled with memorabilia from his early life until his presidency and death. A lot of background information is included so visitors get a full understanding of the man and the condition of the country during his life, not just hi presidency.

2  Thank TheHolff
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been here three time over the past 20 years. It has changed and gotten better. The tour is more detailed. I may go back again this summer with my grandson.