“A little high priced”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grants
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Not one of the best Quality Inns I have bee to lately. It was in a small town on a Sunday so not much was open and the staff seemed to be in a lazy Sunday afternoon mood. Not too eager to help. They registered me, but that was about it. Not too helpful in any other way. Came down later to ask a question and no one was at the desk. When someone finally showed up, they were cordial, but that was about it. Called down later and no one answered.

It is an older Inn. Was clean and the room was nice. Breakfast was good. Just the staff needed some enthusiasm.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent a very pleasant night in Grants, NM. The Quality Inn was more than adequate. The king-room was large and spacious, room 310, with a sitting area, but the plasma TV was not visible from the couch, so went unused, except to place the suitcase on. The pool area is clean, and we spent 30-40 minutes in the pool, and had it all to ourselves. The free breakfast was acceptable, and overall the hotel looked very clean. We checked in effortless ly within minutes, with our reservation already printed up, needing only our signature and cc imprint to complete. Senior rate of $80 seemed pricey, and there are several older hotels, or other chains available for the adventurous. Being right on Route 66 there are many hotel bargains, as well as many rundown facilities to avoid. Chose Quality because of their Rewards program, and incentives, or would have looked at other properties. Even on a weekend, most hotels had vacancies, since this is between Albuquerque and Gallup, NM.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Okay, first the good things. The hotel is conveniently located and was very quiet. There were lots of retired-age folks, which for us is a bonus. :) Now, the not so great things. There was a funny sound coming from the restroom area. I think it's the pipes, but not completely sure. Also, the door opened very noisily. We tried to be quiet, but it just would not close without a slam. The next morning at breakfast we were disappointed that there was no wafflemaker. Maybe we expected too much, but it seems that a wafflemaker is standard issue for a motel of this type anymore. Otherwise, the eggs were running low (we ate around 8:15 and it wasn't too busy) and the person in charge of breakfast was seated and staring into space. I didn't even realize she was the one who was supposed to tend to the breakfast area until another worker prodded her into replenishing another item. I had to ask for the milk to be refilled and then she only refilled the one I asked about and did not see if the other carafes or anything else needed replenishing. Of course, the next thing we tried to use was empty, too (sausages). All in all, we will try another place next time we are in Grants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DellaDidDisney
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is one of the older Quality Inns. I will hope that a person doesn't make a judgment of all Quality Inns based upon this one.

My thought was 'old and tired looking' older inn when I drove into the parking lot. There is some need of paint on the building, and the building has external stress cracks. Upon walking up the stairs to my room, I noticed that the stairs were not vacuumed. They had bits of debris and dirt on them. The hallway was not air-conditioned. There is a washing machine, but it is out of order. There is a pool and a jacuzzi. I am not sure how well taken care of the pool is. When I was in it, I could not really see my feet all that well. The jacuzzi was the same temperature as the swimming pool. The room itself is the best feature, and that is that it is super large. There is a comfortable new-looking couch. Everything is working in the room and it appears to be clean. I would say that it is okay for a night's stay, but it is a basic inn at best.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was night 6 of a 20 day road trip. It will be hard to get a lot of words out on this. It is an old, tired, worn out ex-something else motel. My spouse set up the reservation directly by telephone to the motel one month in advance. She requested a ground floor room. We were assigned room 309. The AARP discount was accepted and applied. The toilet was loose and there were serious caulking/grout gaps between the floor tiles. There was a breakfast of sorts. It fit with the days travel across New Mexico.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went to check out on Sunday morning as I had planned to stay Sunday night. I needed to leave at 7 am. I stopped to check out and no one was at the front desk. I rang the bell a couple of times and still no one. Another guest also stopped by and waited a few minutes then left. I decided to call the hotel on my cell phone and no answer. I checked the breakfast area and kitchen still no one. I then called the 800 number for Quality at about 7:15 and they couldn't contact any employees at the hotel. I wanted to make sure they didn't charge me the extra night and wanted to tell them the pajama pants I found in the room were not mine. Other that some hair on the bathroom floor, the room and motel were clean. Finally, at 7:25, I left as I was already 25 minutes late. Not sure what happened. Next month when I am in town I will stay at the Red Lion Inn that was recommended by a friend who happened to have stayed there the last 4 days. Breakfast could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.