“Friendly breakfast”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Grants
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Friendly breakfast”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a good check in. The room was large with all usual things. But the hotel is in desperate need of a good deep clean, the plumbing is on the noisy side too. It has so much going for it. We didn't spot the enormous indoor pool area and spa until we were leaving. The hotel is very roomy. There s a restaurant on site which like the hotel needs a good vacuum clean. Breakfast was a jolly affair and no-one was allowed to leave hungry. Despite the hotel needed cleaning etc we did enjoy our stay. It was a little different to the usual chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are striving for perfection. We are working on our deep cleaning on a daily basis. I want to Thank You for the feedback and assure your that any feedback is noted and addressed . We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in Grants this past weekend for a wedding. Since the reception was being held at Red Lion, we decided to stay there to make things easy. So glad we did!

Upon check in, we were greeted by a very sweet woman. Sorry didn't get your name! The first room we were given had two beds. My wife and I returned to the front desk and our request for a king room was granted without any questions. Unfortunately, this room faced the indoor pool and my wife felt uncomfortable with that. So we went back to request for another room, and again switched without an issue!

Everyone we encountered at the hotel was very nice and accommodating. This was the first time staying at Red Lion and will stay again in the future because of the experience we had on this trip.

Free breakfast, consisting of eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and biscuits was included. Nothing fancy, but good. Pool was indoor so you cannot work on your tan.

Few things to note. First, our non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Second, we heard the loud music from the hotel bar on Saturday night and it didn't end until a little past midnight. My friend stayed all the way at the end of the hallway, but still could hear the music also. Third, the hot tub was out of order.

If you are traveling with children or an early sleeper, request a room that is furthest from the bar.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I will address the music issue with the Lounge staff. I am so glad that you were treated with respect and that your issues were taken care of . I hope that we will see you all again soon. Our purpose is to make you as comfortable as possible and make your stay here a GREAT one.

Thank you!
Crump, Tennessee
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was fine for the price. If I wanted a room that nicer, brighter and cleaner I'd drop an extra $30 or so and go to the Best Western, but I wouldn't do that unless I had a gift card because I'm a cheap skate. But seriously it is a fine hotel for the price. The only issues were the pillows were a little awkward because they were thicker than most and the pool and hot tub were down but for us those aren't usually deal breakers. Though if you are looking forward to the using the pool you will want to ask about it first. Along with good service there was also a hot breakfast with eggs made to order.

• Stayed August 2013
Debra S, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
First off I would like to Thank you for the feed back. I do hope you choose our hotel in the future.
We strive everyday to improve.
Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The first time I stayed here, the room was dirty to the point of being disgusting. I couldn't wait to leave. The internet was so slow that it was impossible to do a any business on.

I gave up on RL but I thought I'd give it one more go with a suite. Before I booked the room, I asked if they have a treadmill and specifically asked if it was working. I was lied to and told that it was fixed. The front desk confirmed that this had been broken for a long time and will continue to be down for an indefinite amount of time. That's the wrong answer.. I don't want to hear that you've given up hope on fixing your problems. I want to hear that you will do your best and the problem WILL be resolved by my next stay!

I got the same attitude when I inquired about the internet. Before I booked my stay, I asked the hotel clerk if the internet is still slow and unstable. She replied that she was aware that "it works for some people and not for other people". That's not the answer I was looking for. I want to hear that maintenance is working on the issue and to see it get resolved in the near future. Obviously, they have a problem and are unwilling to get it fixed.

Even the suite was very dirty to the point of being disgusting. I cancelled 2 nights of my stay because of all these negatives. When I got in my SUITE, the room was hot and AC was turned off in the middle of summer. I also attempted to use the refrigerator and it was also turned off to save electricity. The thermostat had a sign on it to not turn lower than 68 or the AC will freeze up. Taping a sign to the thermostat is not fixing the underlying problem!

I found black mold growing in the shower. I also found a mysterious brown substance caked on to the power cord for the blow dryer. The toilet had something growing near the wall. I also looked behind the night stand and found tons of crumbs and a couple of receipts. The oldest receipt was dated from 2 months ago! Let me remind you, I had one of the most expensive rooms in the hotel.

I would not stay here again. It has an old feel with lousy customer service. I don't appreciate the apathy of the staff and being lied to about the exercise equipment. RL needs to send someone from corporate to shut this place down!

Room Tip: Explore other options.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I did see some of the issues that were stated. addressed these issues. Got them taken care I do hope you will return and let us show you we value you as a customer. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Grants hotels

Phoenix
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Older hotel that has been remodeled with very comfortable beds, sbeets and pillows. Room definately shows signs of aging and could use some maintenance. I will definitely stay again probably next week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your feed back! We are striving to improve and I truly hope you return.We look forward to seeing you !
Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Texas. booked it on the hotels web Site. The hotel needs major updating. This doesn't compare to the other Red Lions. Check in was easy. Our room was large, comfortable bed, old tube TV, fridge and microwave. Ice machine was broken, thermostat had a sign saying not to move below 68 degrees or it will freeze up! It was hard to keep the room cool. The shower water temperature was difficult to control, went from cold to scorching easily. Breakfast was hectic. The waitress was handling the whole room alone, didn't realize we got a cooked to order breakfast. There were no menus or anything. She was very nice and outgoing though. I would recommend this hotel for the show Hotel Impossible. We wouldn't stay here again unless it was renovated and had major improvements.

• Stayed June 2013
Debra S, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Grants, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are working to addres the issue pointed out. I assure the travler that when they return to our property we are going to WOW you with improvement. We look forward to seeing you again
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a great place to relax after a long day of driving. The onsite bar was a welcome treat as there was no other place in town to get a cocktail past 10pm. There is a full restaurant, but we arrived after hours. Friendly people, from the desk clerk and bartender, to the housekeeping staff. Complimentary, cooked-to-order breakfast. Try the chorizo omelet. The fresh salsa is to die for, so make sure to ask for some!
The rooms were very clean and comfortable, but do need some maintenance (tub draining a little slow and a/c filter dirty). There is an exercise room overlooking an indoor patio, pool, and hot tub.
This hotel will definitely be our go-to place the next time we travel Route 66!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank cruisin_doodles
Thank you your wonderful review. We love the feedback and love the guest. A happy guest makes for a Happy Hotel. Thank you Again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grants
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan
#1 of 1 in Pueblo of Acoma
Travelodge Grants
Travelodge Grants
#4 of 11 in Grants

Been to Red Lion Hotel Grants? Share your experiences!