“Cimarron Rose just gets better and better.”
Review of Cimarron Rose B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Grants
Cimarron Rose B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Grants B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Fourteen years ago we were the first guests to visit Cimarron Rose. In May, we again stayed in the Bandera Suite to celebrate a milestone anniversary. We were delighted to discover that Sheri, our original host/owner was still there, as was her horse, Cimarron. If possible, Cimarron Rose is even more lovely than before. Now there's a gallery of local art, larger patios, beautiful gardens that attract butterflies and birds, and charming decor and art in all rooms. The bed was comfy, the breakfast delicious and the high desert solitude at this Zuni Mountain retreat unmatched. We hated to leave. It's wonderful to return to a B&B you loved and find that, like great wine, it's only improved with age.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2011

The Cimarron Rose contributed in a major way to the enchantment we felt while visiting the "Land of Enchantment". While there we felt that we were a part of the landscape and the culture of New Mexico while at the same time enjoying an exceptional level of service and attention to detail. We especially appreciated our host's extensive knowledge (and photos) of the birds and other wildlife that frequent the property as well as the handy and delightful nature trail.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We have stayed at the Cimarron Rose a good half dozen times in the past 10 years. Our most recent stay was predictably delightful. Our 2-night stay in the Bandera Suite was comfortable and cozy warm (with outdoor temperatures lingering close to freezing). The setting is magnificent, the innkeeper, friendly, helpful and remarkably knowledgeable about the region and local plant and wildlife. It's a real treat to enjoy such a wild setting with all the amenities (including wireless Internet!) of home. Much as we enjoyed our gourmet breakfast of quiche on day 1 and a breakfast burrito on day 2, we were unable to finish the very generous portions that also come with fresh fruit.

On a previous visit, we stayed with our 2 teenage sons and small cat. Sheri was very accommodating and won the devotion, not only of our small cat (who usually avoids strangers like the plague), but our 2 sons as well.

Should you be planning a trip to this spectacular region in New Mexico, I cannot recommend this very charming Bed & Breakfast strongly enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Over the past three years my partner and I have stayed at Cimarron Rose B&B four times. We enjoy taking brief (2-4 days) vacations at this delightful B&B in the Zuni mountains, near El Morro. One of the important factors in choosing Cimarron Rose is that we are allowed to bring our miniature poodle Mina with us. Sheri, the innkeeper is always friendly, kind, generous, helpful and a great host! The B&B is immaculately clean (It has earned recognition as a Green Inn - cleaned with eco-friendly products) , charmingly decorated in western motif and the breakfasts are generous and delicious. Sheri has accomodated our dietary preference for vegetarian meals.
Sheri has always been at the B&B when my partner and I have arrived. The suites have always been perfectly ready for us. In addition to breakfast every morning, Sheri has provided us with dessert every evening (including the night of check-in), coffee, tea, hot chocolate are available all day. The refrigerater is stocked with half & half, butter and orange juice. Each suite has a full kitchen where my partner and I have prepared meals for ourselves. We have stayed in all three suites and especially enjoy the Cimmaron Suite and the Zuni Mountain Suite - both have wood-burning stoves. Every suite has its own comfortable patio that opens into a common garden area.
Sheri loves animals, both domestic and wild as is evidenced by the bird sanctuary she has created, as well as her pampered pet goats and horse that live on the property. She has warmly welcomed our little dog at every visit. At the same time my partner and I are respectful of the property and other guests by making sure that our dog stays quiet, that she only gets on furniture that is covered by a washable blanket. We also follow the B&B rules by taking our dog out on leash to "do her business" to the designated area.
The only fault I can think of for Cimarron Rose B&B is that it is located a little close to the main road. Overall it is utterly charming, quiet and relaxing with a nature-friendly atmosphere and a lovely innkeeper who couldn't be nicer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This particular stay at Cimarron Rose B&B in the Zuni Mountain Suite was with a girlfriend from out of town. We hiked in the nearby National Monuments and visited the Zuni Pueblo over our four night stay. My husband I had previously stayed in the Zuni Mountain Suite several times. It's our "Home Away from Home"-a true rustic, serene haven from city life.

Sheri's impeccable hospitality more than equaled what we've come to expect on this recent May trip. She goes far beyond what I expect from a B&B owner. She looks out for her clients without being intrusive and one leaves feeling truly pampered. We very much appreciate that Sheri looks out for all of her guests.

Cimarron Rose is a perfect place for those who appreciate the outdoors or want to relax in a peaceful, quiet setting. My husband and I try to stay for a few days several times each year as our schedules permit. Last year we rented all three Cimarron Rose suites for a family reunion- a perfect and memorable occasion. We plan many returns!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2010

When my husband asked what I wanted for my birthday, I said I wanted to visit the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary in Ramah, NM. Since that is a somewhat remote location, I was resigned to having to stay in a run-of-the-mill chain motel/hotel in Grants. Then, my husband remembered something about a B&B in the Ramah area, and the search was on. Between the two of us, we found Cimarron Rose, read the glowing reviews on this site, and I couldn't make the reservation fast enough.

First, I have to say the photos don't do it justice. It far exceeded our expectations in every way. We stayed in the Cimarron Room, and I was instantly charmed when I walked in the door. It was beyond clean, the kitchen was fully equipped, and the decor was perfect. It felt homey, warm and inviting. The windows were all open, and the woodsy smell coming in with a light afternoon breeze was welcoming and relaxing.

The garden area, in particular, spoke to me. Pots of wildflowers, native plantings, and water features invite the local small critters - from hummingbirds to chipmunks - right into camera range. Now, that's entertainment. And all you have to do is sit and relax in any number of strategically placed chairs. The owner, Sheri, has really done a spectacular job in the garden, right down to the tiny white lights which come on at dusk. In a word - enchanting.

The first evening we asked Sheri if she could recommend a local restaurant, and she suggested The Ancient Way Cafe. Now, the chef (he is so much more than a cook) prepares only one dinner selection every evening, and we really lucked out because he was preparing Apricot Habanero Shrimp that evening. Shrimp being one of my favorites. It was excellent, and the staff was accommodating and friendly.

The next morning, Sheri brought our breakfast which we had discussed with her the evening before. I had requested gluten-free breakfasts, and I was pleasantly surprised by the blue corn/blueberry pancakes. My husband asked for the breakfast burrito, and he was initially somewhat taken aback that it contained small pieces of sweet potato, but he loved it. Bonus points to Sheri for getting my husband to eat veggies for breakfast! The fritatta we got the second morning was just as tasty. We finished it off in record time.

All in all, this is the best B&B we have ever stayed in, even surpassing one we stayed in when we were in England. And, trust me, that's saying something.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were looking for a way staion on the way to Chaco Canyon, and decided that, for the same price as a stay in a non-descript highway hotel, we could at least get someplace different with a breakfast. But Sheri's B&B is so much more that. She has created an amazingly beautiful place on the Continental Divide that is true to the place and to her spirit. Of course, there is the cozy bed and delicious breakfast, but the host is so accomodating, that a stay there makes the trip. For example, we mentioned that we were planning on spending the day in nearby El Malpais National Monument (one of the least heralded but most fascinating outposts of the National Park system), and she provided us helmets and headlamps so that we could explore the lava caves. And sitting out back at sunset over wine and dinner and watching the birds coming and going is about as close to heaven as one is likely to expect on a vaxcation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple