“Hidden Gem in the middle of no where”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Bella Vita - CLOSED

La Bella Vita
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
“Hidden Gem in the middle of no where”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I did not expect this place to be so amazing. We were on a road trip from Florida on our way to California so needless to say, we were worn out. It is beautiful on the inside with a lot of local art and everyone is so friendly. You MUST try the lasagna and pecan cake. MUST. The prices are reasonable as well.

Rio Verde, Arizona
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

We were worn out from a long travel day from Colorado. This was the perfect stop for us. Food is outstanding and the staff were very friendly. The owner came to chat with us and explained the history of the building and his business. Very authentic food, good quantity and excellent value. If you are hungry in Grants this is the place!

Bloomington, Indiana
“Wonderful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

After more than a week of lovely New Mexican cuisine, we found ourselves passing through Grants and needing a change. So glad we found this restaurant. I had a fabulous pasta dish with chicken, pancetta, and artichokes in a light wine sauce. My S. O. had the lasagna which he also loved. Ingredients were very fresh. I reluctantly ordered a New Mexican Pinot Grigio. The second lovely surprise of the meal. A beautiful, light wine that paired well with the chicken dish.

To finish we shared a delicious piece of butter pecan cake apparently made by the 16-year-old dessert chef.

Don't pass this restaurant by if you're in the Grants vicinity

1 Thank cherbaum
Minneapolis, MN
“Incredibly good Italian food in New Mexico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Driving through NM, we stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant. The food was outstanding!!! In addition the service was prompt and friendly, and the atmosphere/decor was unique and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, and eat here again should the opportunity present itself.

1 Thank LDHuntress
Boulder, Colorado
“Wish I Could”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I wish I could review this restaurant. I felt like a judge on Chopped and something was so wrong that I could not taste any part of what was served. I went specifically for the Shrimp Scampy . . . they were out of shrimp . . . My second choice would have been the Eggplant Parmigiana . . . they were also out of that . . . So, I ordered a basket of bread and a Ceasar Salad . . they were out of the Ceasar dressing. Oh, did I mention they only had five types of wine . . . not even a Chianti. The server said they had trouble getting a wine rep and buying wine at a market defeated the purpose: Is the only purpose markup? I would think the first purpose is to make customers happy . . . I ended up just leaving and tried El Cafecito (another disappointment but for very different reasons). I might try La Bella Vita again or I might skip Grants altogether, although I do think the New Mexico Museum of Mining is worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014