“Good fare, served fast”
Review of El Cafecito

El Cafecito
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Grants
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Description: Built new restaurant in 2011, same location for 26 years we now seat 113 and offer a banquet room that seats 50. We are on the corner of Nimitz and Santa Fe Ave. on historic Rt. 66, just 1 mile off of I-40.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good fare, served fast”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The good---the food, and served very fast. I had a stuffed sopappilla with ground beef and guacomole that was very good. The bad---having to pay $2.00 for some very average chips and salsa.

Visited July 2013

“Second trip, same great food!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Had traveled alone through Grants a few years ago and stopped at El Cafecita because my guidebook recommended it. Did not know much about the menu but my experience was great, so much so that I came back the next morning before leaving NM and had a wonderful breakfast burrito. When I came home I told my wife of my experience there and told her that whenever we get back to Grants, I want her to go there with me. We stopped there last April and we were not disappointed;Theresa was a joy and the owner came by to greet us and told us of the renovation and expansion since my first visit. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who supports local businesses, fine service, and great food!

Visited April 2013
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Good restrauant in Grants ?”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

As many times as I've been to Grants, I haven't found a good eatery...still looking . They have a Denny's but that even leaves room for improvement .

Visited July 2013
SW Florida
“Service was fair. Food poor. Price low”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Another lost town to the freeway systems. The food was less than tasty. The service was indifferent. This appeared to be the last gasp. The building was just holding its own. Maybe it is a staple place for the locals.

Visited May 2013
Angela B, Owner at El Cafecito, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
EL Cafecito was newly constructed less than 3 years ago. As an owner just concerned your review was for the correct restaurant. There are other restaurants located nearby that start with the same prefix EL.
Madison, WI
“great food, great service, and excellent value.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Perhaps we were just tired and hungry from many hours on the road en route from Flagstaff to ABQ, but we were delighted to discover El Cafecito after driving the bleak streets of Grants. The stuffed sopapillas were especially good, and the prices can't be beat. Our family came in shortly before closing, but service was still friendly and not at all rushed. Would definitely recommend if you're passing through.

• Visited June 2013