Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Grants
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Easy parking, nice check-in by deandra very efficient, professional and helpful. Nice room, great stay, grand exploring in this area, El Morrow Monument (free) and the Zuni pueblo reservation, and the malpias.....

Room Tip: No smoking No pets..... very clean nice place to stay.....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marge s

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in town for a wedding, and was told this was the best place to stay. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I stayed on the third floor and there was a nice view out the window.

The Wi-fi was spotty and the room a bit overpriced, but for a nice hotel in a remote location, this place fit the bill.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Doug K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Knoopie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad to know that you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience our internet service has caused you and I am sorry if you found our rooms to be overpriced.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to hosting you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a relatively new hotel with good facilities, including a larger than average indoor pool. The room was clean and pleasant but the internet connection was poor in my room. It was re-set but this didn't help.

I have noticed in other hotels of this type that there is a large amount of plastic and everything is disposable. Although this hotel doesn't make any grand claims about being eco-friendly, it might be something that could be attended to.

I understand that this hotel is close to a prison. At one point in the stay, I had a feeling that I was in one. The staff seemed to be operating under a very strict interpretation of their rules and I intend to make a formal complaint about some of their practices which, I believe, fell below a standard of care that I would expect in a hotel chain that I have used extensively.

It may be that this is the best hotel in the area but I might keep driving past Grants, New Mexico next time I visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank edinburghtraveller7
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear edinburghtraveller7,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are truly sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations.

We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Rest assured that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into.

Once again, thank you for your honest feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Joel B
Case Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you're looking for a quite, clean, and comfortable place to stay, spend a night at this Holiday Inn. I do recommend this hotel to all travelers in need of a good nights rest.
Mr. & Mrs. R.T. Milwaukee, WI

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robert_suaant
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have stayed in the Holiday Inn all across America and this one was way overpriced! No bugs but very dusty and needed a good cleaning. Plus our view out the window was of a satilite dish. Literally in front of our window. We paid $150 for a night and only paid an average of $95 everywhere else, with way better views in the many States we visited and the rooms where rated a 4 star. This one I would give a 1 star.
Nice people but very dirty.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MgBoogie
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We like Holiday Inn Express and usually stay with this chain so chose this motel over others in the area of Grants, NM while we were on holiday through the northwest part of the state. This one was very overpriced. It appreared that the elevator carpet had never been vaccuumed. The room was adequate and clean though there were no mattress pads on the beds. The front desk clerk was very friendly. There were 2 free bottles of water in the room refrigerator and complimentary cookies and chips-and-salsa by the front desk in the evening. This is not nearly enough to compensate for the price. The hot breakfast was the usual fare but the scrambled eggs were partly blue as though cooked in an iron pan, the biscuits and english muffins were dried out and hard. We were disappointed. Clothing of the breakfast room attendant was not clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brandoca
Reviewed February 26, 2013

On the Eastern end of Grants off old Route 66 this hotel is surrounded by other hotels and at the end of town near an off/on ramp to the I-40 corridor. Hotel is new and modern and has pleasing decor. Comfortable Bed however I did have to wait for almost twenty minutes for the water to get hot enough to shower (perhaps because the room I had is right next door to the laundry room?) This hotel offers a good breakfast choices provided in a large comfortable dining area. This hotel also has a pool that I did not have a chance to try out. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely choose to stay at this hotel again if I am travelling through this area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Victoria M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grants
Comfort Inn
#2 of 11 in Grants
Super 8 Grants
Super 8 Grants
#7 of 11 in Grants

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan? Share your experiences!