“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Grants
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This was the worst hotel experience I've ever had & I travel a lot. The room was filthy, stains on the sheets, debris on the floor, mold in the bathroom. The hallways smelled of urine, smoke & trash. Comfort Inns are usually decent, but please do yourself a favor & stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank jazzyfaith

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were traveling with our dog and needed an overnite stay. It was a little pricier than we usually pay but Grants is the sort of place that you want to be sure to stay in a safe environment. The room was quiet, very nice, and the breakfast was outstanding, with an attendant present to be sure everything stayed clean and there was plenty of food. Front desk staff was helpful and attentive as well. Also wifi was good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Large clean room with one kingsize bed. Everything you could ask for. The staff were great, the breakfast was OK, the room was clean. We had our Standard Poodle with us and it was great to have this space in the room.

Room Tip: Great for pet. Easy access to the outdoors.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Not having many options to choose from in Grants, we ended up in this motel. Room was in separate building from the lobby and the breakfast room; cold walk early in the morning. Breakfast was hardly worth the walk as was skimpy. Room was adequate but unimpressive. Staff at the front desk were unfriendly at check in and ignored us at breakfast the next morning. To say we wouldn't rate our stay here as a highlight of our trip is an understatement.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n1nna
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at numerous hotels in the rural southwest as an archaeologist and the Comfort Inn is among the nicer hotels. The woman working at the front desk was sincerely friendly and quick. The property is in average to nice condition. I was particularly impressed by a few features. First of all, the pool is open 24 hours a day! Pools that close at 9 or 10 pm are often not very useful for a real traveler. Second, the pet fee is only $10! They have an $80 pet charge if you don't claim your pet, so claim it! I think $10 is the lowest charge I have seen yet for pets.

The room was nice though if you start to look carefully in all the corners and at all the wall paper, things are starting to fade and crumble. The tv was nice and the bed was comfortable. The fan/heater/cooler is a unit that turns on and off as needed, which is never my favorite, but it wasn't particularly loud which was nice. The room has a coffee maker but no microwave or refrigerator. I was on the bottom floor and the ice machine had recently broken so the floor outside was soaked, but this wasn't a terribly big deal to me because my floor was dry. I thought it was kind of odd that they would use the rooms next to the flood, however. I must say that I didn't sleep terribly well because the person in the room overhead was moving around late at night and early in the morning and the ceiling squeaked terribly. I would probably choose a room on the second floor if I stayed again though I don't think there was an elevator. Overall the stay was fine and the staff was nice. I would certainly recommend it to anyone traveling with pets!

Room Tip: Away from the interstate. On the bottom floor if you need an elevator but on the top floor for maxi...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Arrived Christmas Eve right after worst storm in 40 years. Young lady at desk very sincerely welcomed me as well as on Christmas morning ( she had doubled back). She as well as others in Grants were so willing to share warm Christmas cheer. Property is fairly well maintained and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Contrary to troobies comments on 12/30, on the Choice Hotel website you do not prepay your room, you only guarantee for late arrival and are charged in case of a no-show, As a Choice regular the hotel takes your credit card at check-in and charges you at check-out.

Room Tip: Dennys across the street
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here one night in the middle of a snow storm. Room was nice sized, quiet, & clean. We requested a ground floor room thanks to advanced warning of no elevators. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grants
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grants-Milan
#2 of 11 in Grants
Super 8 Grants
Super 8 Grants
#8 of 11 in Grants

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!