“Great People”

Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Quincy, MA
Reviewed April 26, 2006

Spent a great night at the Quality Inn in Gettysburg, PA over April school vaction. We arrived early, having made better time than expected from Florida via North Carolina. The friendly clerk told us to check in and and come back at our leisure to get our key, as our room was not ready, and we were free to use our parking spot, which was a huge plus, as the Battlefield was just next door and parking was hard to find.

From giving tips on where to eat and shop to tracking down forgotten toiletries, extra pillows, and bags for wet items, the staff could not have been nicer.

The indoor pool was warm and clean, the rooms were comfy and nicely appointed. Since the weather was beautiful, I particularly enjoyed the balcony off our second floor room. There are soda, ice and snack machines conventiently located in several spots in the building we were in (the pool building) and a nice lounge area on our floor.

The Inn is a busy place, but it was interesting - not annoying - to watch the comings and goings. The outdoor pool was being worked on in preparation for the summer, and looked nice.

The free continental breakfast was perfectly adequate - nothing fancy, just bagels, toast, muffins and cereals as well as good coffee, fruit and juices. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to Gettysburg. The location is ideal and the Inn is a really pleasant place to stay.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield

Reviewed February 8, 2006

This motel is ideally located. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Outdoor pool in season and indoor pool rest of year. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Each room has an assigned parking spot so that is no concern. You can have an indoor room or outdoor room, as you please. This establishment is a great value!

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank bktravelPennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2006

My husband and I stayed Quality Inn Gettysburg Motor Lodge in August, 2005, for our first trip to the Gettysburg battlefield. It was perfect for what we expected and needed: clean room, fine maid service, comfortable and a very reasonable price (especially for peak season in Gettysburg.) We stayed for four nights.

The location of the hotel is PERFECT. You can walk to the Visitor's Center, most parts of the battlefield, and to the downtown area for restaurants, shopping, etc. This is very likely the best located hotel in Gettysburg.

The pool looked delightful, although we did not actually use it because we were busy doing the battlefield tours. We did sit by the pool one evening, which was very nice. It sure looked like a lot of families and kids were enjoying it, though!

The contental breakfast was also very good, particularly for the cost of the hotel. Lots of variety, and I am sure most people will find something they like to fill them up for their day at Gettysburg. We thought it was great.

Overall, this is a great hotel with a fabulous location. I would highly recomend it, and definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 6, 2006

This spring (May 05), I spent two nights at the Quality Inn Gettysburg Hotel. The hotel was clean and it was convenient to local attractions (it is located right next door to the Gettysburg Visitor Center and Cyclerama.

Each room has an assigned parking space. I was on the first floor so that was convenient for unloading luggage.

For the most part the room was quite - however on my first day, I did notice that the walls may be a little thin - either that or my neighbors were deaf - because at 5:30am I could hear the next door television very well. But fortunately, the pipes are well insulated because I could not hear the neighbor's shower/sink.

the hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast. In a house onsite. However, I was there along with several busses and found it difficult to find a place to sit for breakfast.

The hotel has an outdoor pool which was not open during my stay.

3  Thank MarciaD720
A TripAdvisor Member
finger lakes region new york
Reviewed December 3, 2005

the area was perfect, i could walk anywhere and see everything most beautiful town. but it ends there, i walked into the room and the smell was enough to make you want to leave, i sank down on my bed and my hand stuck to some chaocolate syrup on teh coverlett in my hurry to strip the blanket off the bed my hand then stuck to the top of the sheet. i called the front desk to complain and the woman behind the counter told me that if i would come down to the front desk she would give me clean sheets and a blanket for me to put on the bed!!!! she couldnt understand what had happened to the room because it gets checked everyday after the maid has cleaned it. i asked her when the manager would be in and she said tomorrow morning. so i went back to my room changed the bedding and threw the dirty linen out in the hall. i went to the desk forst thing in the morning and asked to see the manager and a new person told me she was checking rooms that were being cleaned . at 6a.m.? so i went back to my room and waited until i seen a woman checking rooms much to my surprise it was the very same woman that gave me the bedding to make my own bed the night before. after i told her that i was very unhappy with my room and how she handled things the night before i walked away shakeing my head and she just smiled. there will be a next time in this beautiful place but certainly not in this motel/hotel/lodge.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cornelius, NC
Reviewed November 14, 2005

We stayed in a king jacuzzi room on the second floor. There was no elevator, so we did have to climb a flight of stairs to the second floor, but there were interior hallways, rather than the outside walkways for entry into your room. The other buildings had outside entries. At the back side of the hallway was a comfortable sitting room with a couch and chairs which overlooked the National Cemetary. We had a private balcony which faced a re-enactment across the street at the Museum which added to our experience of Civil War Days. Our room was exceptionally clean, and we did NOT find the lobby or our room to smell strange. The lobby was tastefully decorated in fall colors, flowers etc., and had a fireplace working. The hotel is next to the visitors center and in line for the trolleys when they are operating (not this time of year). Highly recommended to use as there is very little parking in town, and the local police department is very quick to give out parking violation tickets.

• Stayed: November 2005