“GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN GETTYSBURG”

1863 Inn of Gettysburg
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed overnight on our annual Gettysburg trip..The hotel staff was very friendly and did a great job helping us with our eeds..Room was very nice in my opinion and bed was comfy..The greatest thing is its a walk to just about everything including ghost tours, buss tours and may good eationg establishments..Great stay and will stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brian W
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We appreciate the wonderful review! Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit. We are glad that you found everything to be clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. The hotel is very convenient to most of the attractions-everything within walking distance. Please stop and see us if you are back this way. It would be our pleasure. Thank you again for the great review.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a great stay at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. I liked that it was right in the center of everything.We could walk to all which saved on the gas.In all an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad to hear that you found everything to be clean and comfortable. We appreciate the wonderful review and hope that you will allow us to continue to be your "Gettysburg Address"!! See you soon!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed for about a week during the extremely busy (zoo?) 150th Gettysburg Anniversary. The hotel and city were packed and crowded to the max! This is usually a recipe for disaster for a lot of hotels, but the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg hit it out of the park with great service and being extremely accommodating.

I have no complaints about the room. The place is not "new" but it is well maintained. The A/C worked well and the free wifi is always appreciated. (It is a tad slow though). My only wish would be to have a microwave in the room. While I don't use public pools, it seemed like everyone enjoyed the large pool during the extreme heat and humidity we experienced.

This is my third stay at this hotel and I have never been disappointed. I try and return to Gettysburg annually and this is my choice for hotel accommodations. The hotel is not part of a big chain and has a "family run" atmosphere. (Pride of ownership).

Room Tip: If possible, make sure you don't get a room that is next to the hotel laundry. It's noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelTruth

Thank you for telling how much you enjoy your visits with us here at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. It is always nice to know that we have a customer that comes back time and time again. We are very proud of this hotel. We may not be a new property but we work hard to make sure that each guest is provided with a clean, comfortable room. This is a family owned hotel. We are not a big franchise. Our guests are not just a number-we get to know them and their families. We are glad to see them come back year after year. We appreciate your loyalty. Thank you again for the wonderful review! Hope to see you soon! Enjoy the remainder of your summer.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is in the middle of historic downtown Gettysburg, Lots of Gift shops dinning with nice views of all the actively that takes place in the evening, The Inn is clean They offer a free breakfast The dining area is very nice and fitting for the location. Didn’t Care for the breakfast it seemed all over the place, Not Pleasantly presented. Nothing was hot but overall the hotel was very nice. I didn’t have a nice experience with the staff but it didn’t take away from this lovely Inn The price was good and the rooms comfortable, If you don’t want to hear traffic at night which didn’t bother me I would recommend you request a pool view room, They offer free parking in the rear of the hotel which is a plus since all parking is on meters downtown. Parking is tight for vans but they also share parking with the Jennie Wade house which is pretty good. Other then the staff I give this hotel thumbs up and I would return, However I suggest you contact the Manager of The INN if you have any issue she is very pleasant and willing to please.

Room Tip: Avoid the traffic noise and request a pool view room in the rear, But if you don't mine a little...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Deborah, I am so glad that we were able to chat via email. Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay. I do hope that you and your family will return to visit us in the future. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful experience at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. Again. I want to thank you for taking the time to contact me. I appreciate the feed back. Hope to see you sometime soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I left a comment via their page, but I'm gonna review here as well.I though the Inn at 1863 was a nice hotel; I liked the colonial atmosphere they had in their rooms; and the fact that they provided a mat so we could place it in the shower was great! Rooms were clean; balcony was well kept; in a good location for shopping and dining.I didn't communicate with the staff much; so to review the staff would be unfair unless I have had direct contact; I'm not a breakfast person; I have to be in the mood for breakfast; I just went down to see what the breakfast area; the lobby was really pretty.If you decide to stay; I suggest a room in the back; as those noisy 18 wheelers are so loud haha, but its not the hotels fault for that.(Personally, I don't think 18 wheelers should be trying to squeeze through these narrow streets) Definately give 1863 a try; even if its just one night.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Autumn, It was so nice speaking to you this week! Thank you for the email! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate the review and the kind words! I hope that you and your family will stop to see us again! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. See you soon!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is in the center of the history, shopping and eating of this great town. The accomadations were fine, staff friendly and helpful. It is pet friendly and our dog loved roaming the area in the back. In addition, a nice price. We will be back !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our goal here is to provide a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. I believe that we met that goal with your stay. We are always happy to know that we had a satisfied visitor. Please stop and see us again if you are ever back this way. It would be our pleasure! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg for 3 nights in August and it was a great choice. The location is perfect for being able to walk to any location in in town, it is right in the middle of it all. The room was very clean, spacious and has a big bathroom. It has a nice size refrigerator and a coffee pot. The beds were comfortable and the TV was nice with a good selection of channels. There is a free breakfast downstairs every morning and free coffee 24/7. The pool was a good size and very clean. Our room was in the back of the building, which was nice and quiet, but not much of a view. You get a great view of the town in the front rooms, but can be a bit noisy from the street traffic. I am so glad we picked this hotel for our Gettysburg trip and this will be the place I come to the next time I'm in town. Very impressed!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, ask for a room in the back of the building, although you will be facing...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We are glad that you found everything to be clean and comfortable. We have an excellent staff here. They do a wonderful job keeping the hotel spotless and inviting. The Free breakfast has a nice selection of items. We try to provide something for everyone. That can be a bit of a challenge-as you can see from some of the other reviews. But we feel that what we have is satisfactory. And the free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the lobby 24/7 is a big plus! Guests seem to enjoy it. I am glad that you did not have any issues with the directional signs displayed thru out the hotel. They seem to be a point of contention with some visitors.The most important thing to look for in a hotel is a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate and a friendly helpful staff. I believe that this hotel provides just that. We appreciate the wonderful review and hope that you will join us again. Thank you and please enjoy the rest of your summer. We look forward to seeing you soon.