1863 Inn of Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$114
ComfortSuites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$148
$119
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$127
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)
$189
  • Pool
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$76
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$139
$140
AscendHotels
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$149
$113
Hotels.com
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$110
All reviewsloyalty programjennie wade housegreat locationwithin walking distancefree breakfastbreakfast sandwichroom was cleansausage gravyin townplace to staywafflestop floorstreet noisebike weeklate checkcemetery hillparking lot
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very dismayed and disappointed when, after a long drive, we arrived at 3:15 pm last Saturday to be told that our room was not ready, that it would be a half-hour or so and that they would call one of our cell phones when housekeeping had finished. Had it not been pouring rain, we could have walked around the area, but with the weather conditions so foul, we drove around because the six hour trip hadn't been enough time in our car. After ONE HOUR without a phone call, we went back in to be told by the young girls working at reception (and having a snack because they were not at all busy) that they had tried to call us but one number was a wrong number and the other said it was disconnected. Seriously? Our phones were working fine. I asked for some concession on the charges for the room but was told that 3 pm check-in meant anytime after 3 pm. NOT lol at this ridiculous comment. At no time did either of the young women apologize for the delay in our being able to check-in to our room. At check-out 3 days later, I calmly discussed the matter with the woman doing our check-out only to be basically told the same story. And, again, no apology. The in-room refrigerator didn't work and a very polite young man quickly brought us another one, which he quickly realized didn't work either and replaced with a third refrigerator. When the third refrigerator didn't work either I figured I didn't really need to keep the milk, water, and sodas cold that I'd brought and didn't call the front desk again. Surprisingly, $10 dollars was deducted from our bill due to the refrigerator problem. In spite of these issues I rated the hotel as good because the housekeeping staff do an excellent job, the complimentary breakfast was varied and wonderful, and the location was fantastic. Did I recommend the 1863 Inn to my sister and her family for when they move her son into Gettysburg College later this month? I certainly did not. If I travel and plan to get into my hotel room at the advertised check-in time and it's soooo delayed that I have to change my plans because an hour and a half does make a big difference, and not one of three hotel employees can be bothered to apologize to us, then I will not visit there again, nor would I recommend the hotel to others. But, if it isn't a biggie to you then you might be very satisfied at the 1863 Inn. Again, this was not a busy weekend - I would be more understanding if it had been during the crush of the Re-enactment crowd earlier in the month.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kim B
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issues you experienced during your visit with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Our check in time is listed as starting at 3pm. The hotel was filled the night before you arrived as well as the night you stayed. There are times when we do not have all of the rooms ready by check in time depending on the room type reserved,special requests made or maintenance issues that need to be taken care of before the guest enters the room.. We do our best to check each guest by 3pm. Again, I apologize for the delay. In checking our records I found that the refrigerators were all in working order. The temperature was turned down and it does take some time for the unit to cool after the temperature is reset. I am glad hear that the room was clean and comfortable and you were pleased with the breakfast selection. I do hope that will reconsider the 1863 Inn for your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable hotel that is well situated at the edge of town by the battlefield. Staff were courteous and informative. It is an easy walk to locations in town. Saw young families enjoying the large pool. Nice family hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay with us. We hope you had an enjoyable visit. The location of the hotel is wonderful. Most of the main attractions are within walking distance. We provide a clean, comfortable room with a friendly staff to assist you during your stay.We hope that you will visit us again if you return to Gettysburg. It would be our pleasure.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here in May of 2013. We would have probably stayed at one of your chain hotels but do to the anniversary this year everything was booked solid. The overall property was quite nice.
The rooms were very nice and the location was right down town within walking distance of many things. The place was a bit pricey but dvden the Super 8 was double what you would expect to normally pay due to price gouging for the anniversary. Breakfast was average at best.
At $90 it would have rated much higher in my rating but at $150 a night it was definitely over priced.

Room Tip: Come in the Fall and don't pay over $90
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know about your stay in May. Our rates were a bit higher this year because of the special events in town but they are still very reasonable and right in line with the other properties in town. We are glad to hear that your room was comfortable and clean. The staff does an excellent job here. We hope that you will stop to see us again. Gettysburg is beautiful no matter what time of the year but if you are looking for a time when it isn't as busy and the rates are a tad better Fall is your best bet. The Battlefield is gorgeous that time year! We often run specials during the year which offer some wonderful savings. If you visit our web site you will find some great deals! We also have our "Loyalty" Program for repeat visitors. You can't beat that rate! For information on our special rate deals please feel free to call the hotel direct on our toll free number-1-866-953-4483. Thank you again for the review. We appreciate it!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Ideal location with small shops all around. Ghost tours and battlefield tours are all within short walking distance. The breakfast buffet was great, something for everyone. The staff was friendly, accommodating and so helpful when we had questions. For all the smokers' like myself, there is an outdoor smoking area on every floor.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street, so that you can watch the different tours walk by. The guides are all dressed in colonial style garb, loved watching them!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please stop to see us if you have the opportunity to come back this way. It would be our pleasure. Thank you again for the kind words! We certainly appreciate hearing that we have another happy visitor! Have a great Summer.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We detoured through Gettysburg on our drive through Pennsylvania and after searching through the myriad of B&B's (both full and expensive) ended up on the doorstep of the 1863 Inn. The room was spacious, and being on the top floor, we got a great view of the town. It is also situated close to the battlefields and within walking distance of the city center. I was well pleased with our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are glad that you enjlyed your visit and found everything to be satisfactory. We hope that you will come back to see us soon! Thanks again for the great review! We appreciate it!