1863 Inn of Gettysburg
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$123
ComfortSuites
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$133
$117
$99
$239
$209
Official Website
  • Pool
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$177
QualityInn
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$156
$189
Hampton.com
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$155
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$101
All reviewsloyalty programjennie wade housegreat locationwithin walking distancefree breakfastbreakfast sandwichroom was cleansausage gravyin townplace to staywafflestop floorlate checkstreet noisebike weekcemetery hillparking lot
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at 1863 Inn during our first trip to Gettysburg in July. It also coincided with the 149th anniversary of the battle. The room was comfortable for a family of four, with large a bathroom which was really handy. The swimming pool was wonderful, especially if you want to cool off after a days sightseeing. Plenty of parking space and friendly front office staff. The position of this hotel could not be better, right in the middle of town. This made it really easy to access the shops, museums and restaurants all by foot. The breakfast was ok, but we weren't expecting a five star breakfast anyway, just enough to start us off in the morning. The room wasn't noisy, as we had a room at the back of the hotel. I would strongly recommend this hotel, and would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor facing the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stewarts07
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our goal is to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. I will pass your comments along to the staff. It is nice to know that their hard work is noticed! We hope that you will stop to see us again if you are back this way! It would be our pleasure! Thank you again for the review. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We primarily selected this hotel because of it's proximity to both the Gettysburg Battlefield and the town itself and were not disappointed. Given the downtown location the large car park was welcome.
The hotel itself is a little tired and in need of some upgrading. However, the front desk service was friendly, helpful and efficient, and our room was comfortable and clean.
The self-service breakfast room was a little over-crowded at the peak time, although we managed to find an adjacent overspill area. The breakfast fare was fairly basic but perfectly adequate, and in keeping with what we found at several other motels during this US trip.
Considering everything, I feel the price was a little on the high side; however, the town seemed very busy and I suspect this was a peak time for tourism.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your visit with us. We were happy to see that your room was clean and you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass your comments along to our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff. Our rates are higher during our peak season. The rates normally drop around the middle of November thru March except for any special event week ends. Our Maintenance Crew does a wonderful job when it comes to the appearance of the building and the grounds. It is very difficult to do major renovations during our busy time. Those projects are usually done in the off season. Every Winter we deep clean each room as well as the public areas. Gettysburg slows down in the Winter but we are kept very busy sprucing things up for the upcoming busy season! The end result is well worth it-fresh and shiny for our visitors the next year. Thank you again for the review. I hope you will be able to visit with us in the future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

As always staying in the 1863 inn was a pleasure. The staff is friendly and couteous,the room was very clean and you can't beat the location in town able to walk to all the shops in the square and surrounding. Another pleasant expierance at the 1863 inn.

1  Thank luke127
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We certainly appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoy your visits with us. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room at a resonable rate. Our location is great and the staff is wonderful. They are always there to help make your stay an enjoyable one. We hope that you will come back to see us again. It would be our pleasure. Have a wonderful Holiday Season. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the first time that we have stayed in town when we have come to Gettysburg. We were thinking that becuase of it being the off-season for them that it would be a diffrent experence. Such as lack of making sure everything is top knoch Boy were we wrong! First it is in a great location for walking to almost ALL of of the shopping. The rooms were very clean! I am very picky with this issue. To the point that I will actually take all the covers off the beds and look for what I call "Ickys" I totally am grossed out by others hairs ect. NOTHING! not one! We were blown away. You could tell the linens were fresh as they had creases in the sheets still. Staff was very frendly and opening. Breakfast was delish, so many things to choose from. I could keep going on and on how good this hotel is. We will def be using that membership in the future. No more staying out of town for us.

Room Tip: It depends on how much noise bugs you. The street is a little noisy, but dies down. Its more the other guests noise walking by that is more bothersome. Then choose a back room. We were fine with our front one
3  Thank Michelle V
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit! We are glad that you enjoyed it! Our housekeeping staff does a wonderful job. They take pride in this hotel and it shows. I will make sure that they know how pleased you were with the cleanliness of the room. Our Free "Rise and Shine" Breakfast offers a great variety. There is something for everyone. I am glad that you joined our Loyalty Program! It provides our repeat guests with a huge savings and there are no black out dates! Thank you again for the wonderful review! It is nice to know that we have a happy customer that wants to keep coming back to visit us! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn the weekend of Oct 19 thru the 21st. It was our second time at this hotel.
The first time that we stayed there, we went on a ghost tour, which stopped in front of the hotel. The guide told us about George and that he messes up the bed sheets after the maid makes the beds, and that he turns lights off and on. No big deal.We had no experience with him during our stay that time.
This recent trip was different. We stayed in room 410 facing the street. A bit noisy, but we liked the balcony. At 3:30 am, I woke up to hear an ambulance going down the street with its siren screaming. I thought it sounded loud, I turned over in bed and the hotel room door was open, about two feet.
I woke up my husband, saying" Why is our door open?" He jumped up and shut it, saying"never in my life have I seen anything like this!"
We are 100% positive that the door was locked and that the latch was closed when we fell asleep. Also, because the night was a bit cold, I shut the AC off completely. In the morning, the AC was on and was set at 68 degrees. I don't think we were sleep walking, I really think it was George doing this.
I asked one of the girls who works at the front desk abotu this, she said that is the things that George does, and that it didn't surprise her.
Forget the Farnsworth House, its too pricey, you can get the same spirited adventures at the 1863 Inn!

1  Thank Nancy L
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. I do hope that you enjoyed your time with us and that any "extra" activity was not a problem. As I stated before, I have not had any of these experiences during my 33 years here. But with all the history surrounding Gettysburg your imagination is free to run wild. I cannot confirm or deny any occurrences. We are glad to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. The staff always loves to hear that our guests are pleased with our hotel! Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I do hope you will visit with us again. Maybe the next time it will be less eventful! :):) Have a great Holiday Season.