1863 Inn of Gettysburg
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$114
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)
$189
  • Pool
$119
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$147
$130
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$78
$76
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$110
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$139
$140
AscendHotels
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$149
All reviewsloyalty programjennie wade housegreat locationwithin walking distancefree breakfastbreakfast sandwichroom was cleansausage gravyin townplace to staywafflestop floorstreet noisebike weeklate checkcemetery hillparking lot
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Read some bad reviews about this place and I cannot see how! This place was great, you think because it's an OLD hotel that you should expect musty smelling rooms with moldy showers.....WRONG! The only places that have rivaled this place on bathroom cleanliness was a few places in Las Vegas. Staff were friendly, carpets clean, Location, Location, Location!!! The free breakfast is nothing to scoff about either. They have something to fit every kind of diet and it's complimentary. That's a big savings every morning not having to buy a sit down breakfast. The bus tours share the same parking lot, shops and great food near bye. Coffee maker and hair dryer in room. I couldn't ask for anything more for the price. Keep up the great work 1863

1  Thank Shawn1981
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You are right-you can't please everyone. This may be an older property but it is well kept and very clean! We offer the same goodies that the newer-more expensive hotels do. Our rooms are clean and well appointed. The Free Breakfast has a large variety of items. And the best part is-as you said-it is FREE!! You can't beat the location of the hotel-just park and walk to the attractions. There are many shops and restaurants in the area. We are very proud of this hotel. Great staff-clean rooms and a FREE Breakfast! Thank you again for the review! We love to hear that we have a happy customer. We hope you will visit with us again if you are back this way.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at the 1863 inn of Gettysburg Sept.21-22-23... Great location, clean comfortable room and the staff was friendly and helpful...our second stay there, will certainly return in the future and refer the 1863 to friends and family. Great job!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We appreciate the kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly let the staff know that you were pleased. Our goal is to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable room at a resonable rate. We realize that there are many lodging options in Gettysburg. We are glad that you decided to let us be your "Gettysburg Address"! We hope to see you again. It would be our pleasure! Thank you again for the review!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I visited Gettysburg for the first time - can't recommend it enough! But I can't recommend staying at the 1863 Inn of Gettysburg. First, the positives: the room was nicely furnished and was pretty big. The front desk employees were friendly and helpful. Location can't be beat, being that it's right in the middle of the historic district.
The reason I will go elsewhere next time: the noise. I travel a lot, and I've never stayed in such a noisy place! I returned to my room at 2 am and was not happy to hear EVERYTHING from the rooms around me. A TV here, a conversation there. Turns out that this is a common complaint about the annex (where I stayed). I don't need dead silence to sleep, but the level of noise was totally unreasonable.
The breakfast might be great other days, but when I went down it was carbs, no protein, with one little bowl of fruit. Yes, as the owner has said in previous rebuttals, there is a diner across the street if you don't like what's on the menu. I took her online advice and went there, along with several other hotel guests, to find more variety. Even yogurt or hard-boiled eggs would have sufficed. There was a high school reunion going on, and the inn was full. Still, you know how many people will be there, why not plan better?
It's not that the hotel is the worst place I've stayed. It's just that, for the price, even in the historic district you can do better.

Room Tip: Avoid the annex!!
2  Thank Susan46480

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I do apologize for the noise issue. I have checked our records and found no report of a problem. We would have been happy to ask the other guests in that building to quiet down but did not know that there was an issue. We cannot take care of a problem if we don't know there is one. As for the FREE Breakfast, I have spoken to the Breakfast Attendant. She had no problems as far as quanity of food. We planned for a full week-end when ordering food and had plenty for everyone. The order came in on Friday. We checked inventory today and there is still a huge amount for the rest of the week. I am not sure what time you came to the Breakfast room. The attendant would have been happy to provide you with any item that you wanted but nothing was said to her so we are a bit confused. We feel that our selection is very adequate. I would like to clarify a couple of items you mentioned in your post-I am not the owner and have never claimed to be such. I am the General Manager and have always posted that on my responses. I do apologize for the confusion. As for telling folks to go to the diner across the street-yes I have mentioned that there are other dining options available for those looking for something more along the lines of a full breakfast. We do not advertise a full breakfast menu.
Again, I do apologize for any issues you may have had. Please feel free to call me on our toll free number if you have any other concerns. We want all of our visitors to have a pleasant stay. That is our goal. I look foward to hearing from you. 1-866-953-4483.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I love this hotel, great staff, great location, amazing rates. And how awesome is it that you're right next to Jennie Wade house!! We booked last minute before going to the Horrorfind Convention and am so glad we picked this hotel versus one of the newer ones up the highway, this will always be our hotel of choice when we come back to Gettysburg. OH! Did I mention free breakfast bar, they had me at free food :)

Room Tip: I have a feeling all their room are awesome
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit! Our goal is to provide each guest with a clean, comfortable room at a fair rate. The hotel is in such a great spot. You can just park the car and walk to most of the attractions. And our staff is wonderful-always eagar to help our visitors. We are very proud of this hotel. We hope you will come back to see us if you are in this area. It would be our pleasure! Thank you for the review! We love hearing that we have a satisifed customer!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great location and very dog friendly! I travel with my goofy 70 lb. pit bull and not only is he welcome in the hotel, he is also welcome at several local establishments and on the battlefield. We make it a trip every year!

Room Tip: Very dog friendly for all sizes of dogs!
1  Thank Amy G
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! We do love our furry friends here at the 1863 Inn! There are so many folks that travel with their pets and we are happy to provide a clean, comfortable room for them. Our housekeeping staff does an excellent job. They are very paticular. Our goal is to make sure that each visitor-2 legs or 4-has an enjoyable stay. We hope that you will visit us in the future. Thank you again for the review. We certainly appreciate it!