“Great hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Long Island City, New York
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed in a king non smoking room in the annex building. Rooms were large, clean and had a refrigerator. The building was always quiet. Staff were always very friendly and helpful. Hotel is centrally located within walking distances from shops and museums, close to battlefield. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate your comments. The rooms in our Annex Building are all equipped with a refrigerator. They are very popular. You can't beat the location of the hotel. Very easy to walk to the attractions. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed the room. We hope that will will visit us again in the future. If you decide to make this your home away from home-please ask about our Loyalty Program for repeat guests! Great savings!
Thanks again! Hope to see you soon!

Norma Herring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed at the 1863 Inn over a recent weekend. We were in Gettysburg for our Daughter's wedding and many of the wedding part as well as family and friends from out of town also stayed at the 1863 Inn.

The facilities were very good, with clean and well appointed rooms, easy access to plenty of parking (which is at a premium in Gettysburg!) and a wonderful outdoor pool.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We did not have a single negative experience during our stay.

The Inn offers a very nice breakfast each morning, pretty much typical Hotel / Motel breakfast fare, but it was well done and in a nice room.

All in all our stay was very positive and we will be sure to stay at the 1863 Inn again when we visit the area historic sites and other attractions.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We realize that gettysburg has many lodging options-from major chain hotels to bed and breakfast properties. We decided to drop the Holiday Inn franchise over 2 years ago but we know that we need to provide our guests with the same service and goodies that we did when we were a Holiday Inn. Our main goal is to make sure that every visitor receives a clean, confortable room and a smile to go with it! We are very proud of this hotel and our staff. Your comments show that we are achieving our goal! We hope that you will visit us again. Gettysburg has much to offer and is a beautiful little town! Thank you again for the review. Have a great summer!

Pinetop, Arizona
Reviewed June 20, 2011

stayed last week overnight prior to taking the bicycle tour of the battlefield nearby - stayed facing away from the street - quiet, nice room - no complaints at all - front desk staff friendly and helpful - would stay there again

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review! It is nice to know that you had an enjoyable visit. Gettysburg is such a beautiful little town. Makes for a nice weekend getaway. Lots to see and do. We hope that you will visit us again if you come back this way in the future. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff will do whatever they can to make your stay a memorable one! The 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg is coming up in 2013! They are already planning events. The next 2 years will be jam packed with things to do! It will be a great time to visit.
Have a wonderful Summer! Hope to see you again!

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Since I am not into the whole history thing, I never thought I would find myself in Gettysburg. But a friend of mine was getting married nearby so I found myself in need of a nice room at a great price and boy did I find it here. From the time I checked in (Alicia was so great at the front desk) to the time I left I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. They must have done a recent re-do in the rooms because it was even nicer than the pics on their website. I can't say enough about how clean everything was. The rooms, the pool, the lobby. Everything was great! I really appreciated the fact that this hotel tries its best to maintain a "green" way of doing things. Having coffee available in the lobby 24/7 was a great touch. The breakfast, while not gourmet was more than adequate, offering a nice variety of items to get your day started off right. When I asked for a late check out, they were more than willing to accommodate the request and allowed me the extra time I needed. The location is ideal for anything you may want to do in Gettysburg. I recommend Mr. G's ice cream shop a couple of blocks down as well as the very inexpensive but wonderful Lincoln Diner about 6 blocks away. Again, I doubt I will ever find a reason to be in Gettysburg again, but if I have to I will only stay at the 1863 Inn. I highly, HIGHLY recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in back overlook cars but are very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your stay with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit! We are very proud of our staff. We are very lucky to have Alicia at the front desk. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job when it comes to keeping the rooms in tip top shape. We are not perfect-but we do try our best. Our FREE "Rise and Shine" Breakfast is always a good way to start your day! We offer a nice selection of both hot and cold items. The location of the hotel is wonderful! Park your car and walk to most of the major attractions. I do hope that you will visit us again! There is so much more to see in Gettysburg then just the Battlefield. It is a beautiful little town and very friendly. We look forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful summer and thank you again for the wonderful review!!

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I’ve stayed several times at the 1863, and will stay here again. I’m hoping that the glitches I experienced this time were just blips that wont be a long running problem.

To start with hotel has a great location, and that’s something you can’t fix with other hotels. Checking in was quick and went very smoothly. The hotel has lots of parking and in Gettysburg that’s a huge plus. You can actually stay at the 1863, see the whole battlefield and never have to move your car.

I stayed in the annex building, with a king size bed. The room was very quite. Even the ever running A/C wasn’t loud. My big problem came from finding someone’s forgotten makeup under the desk, a water bottle under the bed, and an open soda left in the fridge. Yuck. Left me wondering just how well the room really cleaned. I also think its way pass time to replace the mattresses and pillows in this room. Lumpy and way to soft.

The bathroom however seemed to be spotless. Nice big fluffy towels, that you wrap up in. I have to give them perks on the lighting in bathroom also.

Room Tip: Try to get into the annex.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank vtmom13
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. There is no excuse for any of the items that you brought to our attention. We have addressed those items with the housekeeper that cleaned your room the day you checked in. It appears as though she did a wonderful job on the bathroom area-not so wonderful in the bedroom! I hope that the service improved during your 3 day visit.
Our main goal at the 1863 Inn is to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable room. Apparently we fell short of that goal with your stay
I am glad to see that you will be returning to stay with us in October. We appreciate the second chance you are giving us.
I look forward to speaking with you on Friday. Thank you for responding to my email with a number where I can reach you. I prefer to discuss the issues with you directly and assure you that any future visits will exceed your expectations!
We will use the information you provide to improve our service.

New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2011

My son had been studying the Gettysburg War in school so we decided to take a ride to Gettysburg President's Weekend so he can see the facts about the war. Originally we booked a room at the Super 8 Motel. Well what a mistake that was!!
They had BUGS alot of BUGS. We left after one hour from getting in. We had no room and our son in the car. We decide to have dinner and see what we can find in the area. I went onto Orbitz and booked a room at the 1863 Hotel. I was very nervous after the ordeal we just went though at the Super 8 plus my son was very upset and really just wanted to drive 3 and half hours back home. I told both my son and husband lets just check into the hotel for the night and if we don't like it we can just head home the next day.
Well are we glad we checked in! the hotel was super clean. The employees were great and breakfest was good. I am so glad we decided to stay at this hotel. It was close to everything. We were actually able to walk to alot of the historical sites.
We became club member because we plan on go back again this Labor Day Weekend.

I would Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
normajean16, General Manager at 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! We are very glad that your visit turned into an enjoyable one and we were a part of it! We have a wonderful staff here and do our best to make sure that our rooms are clean and comfortable.
We certainly are gald that you will be back in September! When you make your reservation don't forget to mention that you are a "Loyalty" member!! Can't beat the rate!!
We look forward to seeing you then! Thank you again! Have a wonderful Summer!!

Reviewed June 6, 2011

I will stay here again when I return to Gettysburg. Get a non-smoking room if tobacco smoke bothers you.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank PhotoProDude
We are so gald that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is always nice to know that we have a satisfied customer! This winter we will be converting some of our smoking rooms to nonsmoking. We have found that there are more and more requests for nonsmoking. We will keep a few smoking rooms to accommodate our smoking visitors.
When you visit us again you might want to join our 'Loyalty" Program for repeat guests! Great savings on the rate!
We look forward to your next visit. Have a very nice summer! Thank you again for the wonderful review!