The Doubleday Inn
$116
$99
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$80
$59
Good 3.5/5
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$159
$140
Excellent 5/5
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$59
$93
$89
Hotwire.com
Great 4.5/5
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
Orbitz.com
Great 4.5/5
Inn at Lincoln Square(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$170
$136
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
All reviewsother guestseternal flameliving roomjefferson roomauto tour routeb bcookiescivil war buffamazing locationdietary restrictionsbreakfast was amazinga wonderful stayin townboth morningschristinecooperbattle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This is the most beautiful scenic B&B. The history alone with the location on the Battlefield gave me an awe inspiring respect for our Civil War History. Looking out of our window and viewing the Battlefield was breathtaking...relaxing with a coffee and walking around the B&B grounds and then out into the National Park was immense ...Our breakfast was a Caramelized French Toast with fresh fruit and bacon, orange juice and coffee. The House dog was a Golden Retriever whos name is Molly...I admit I did share my bacon with her...

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank doublecharms
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lovely inn, perfect location for battlefield visit, excellent breakfast. I visited last about 10 years ago. Let me preface the story by saying I am very skeptical about paranormal activity.

My son and I were given the attic room, which seemed perfect for a mother and son (two beds, opposite side of the long space). We are both readers, so he could read even after I gave up and turned off the light. Here's what happened: before going to sleep, I reminded my son to turn off his bedside light when he was done reading, which he said he would do. In the middle of the night, I woke up to a light from his side of the room: I assumed that he had not remembered to turn off his light. But then I noticed that his light appeared to be a very strangely lit orb - a very unusual, concentrated, and round glow - and that it wasn't next to his bed exactly. So I decided it was from the moonlight, but if you've been to the Inn, you will know that it's in the woods and besides that, there's no way moonlight would shine into the room at such an angle or with that intensity and shape (round). I then decided I'd either have to scream and wake up everyone OR pretend I was imagining things - I chose the latter. As I turned over and put my head in the pillow, under the blanket, I felt a very definite and strong push on my back that lasted for about 10 seconds. OK, so in the morning first thing I did was check on my son - he wasn't yet awake, and his light was indeed turned off. At breakfast, I asked the innkeeper if there had been any strange occurrences in the inn..."Well, yes," he said. "People who stayed in your room, in fact, have described a light..."

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank charmfirst
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at the Doubleday Inn for 2 nights in July and found it to be an excellent bed and breakfast. The hosts,Christine and Todd have create worked hard to create a unique, special place to stay that is lovely,warm and comfortable, right on the "July 1st battlefields". We stayed in the Iverson Room, which, along with the bathroom, had views in 3 directions, of those battlefields. The hosts were friendly, helpful and highly knowledgeable about Gettysburg's Civil War history. A bonus were the very tasty, nicely prepared breakfasts in the lovely dining room. Just a wonderful place. We shall return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Iverson Room, relatively large, with lots of natural light, views of the battlefields. Will stay in that room again when we return.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I took my nephew to Gettysburg for an end-of-summer trip and we stayed at this Bed & Breakfast because of its location on the Battlefield. The innkeepers, Todd and Christine, were very welcoming and able to handle any tourist-type questions with ease. At check-in, they provide a map to the city with specific directions, a driving tour CD of the battlefield and refreshments. The best part of the stay was the Battlefield Tour Guide who came in Saturday night to answer questions guests have about the battle or the area.

Gettysburg itself was a comfortable walking distance for us, but if you're not a walker or in decent shape you might find the mile walk too long. However, finding places to park in downtown Gettysburg isn't always easy.

Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit served every morning, and the room cozy and clean. The bed was quite comfortable--almost too comfortable. Getting up early for our guided tour was quite hard!

I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KDL63630
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Looking West over the fields on Oak ridge with a cup of Tea in my hand (not coffee, as I am a Brit) while stood outside the Doubleday Inn feeling the warmth of the early morning sun on my back as it rises to the East over Gettysburg, was a feeling I will never forget, knowing that I was stood on a part of history. It was a great feeling knowing the B&B was right on the site of the first day's fighting at Gettysburg, and I would like to thank the Owners of the Doubleday Inn ( Todd and Christine) for allowing me this feeling.

We, me my wife and son planned a 3 day visit to Gettysburg as part of our family holiday to the USA and after spending 4 busy days in Washington DC (during the 4th of July holiday), it was great to get a way from the hustle and bustle of city....and anyway being a military family and myself a bit of a history buff, I have always wanted to go to Gettysburg. (so thats one off my bucket list).

Before coming out to the States I had a good look around for hotels/B&B's in the Gettysburg area, and after reading the reviews on the Doubleday Inn....it had to be the place to stay. So I contacted Christine by email...and planned our stay. During our time here it was going to be my wifes birthday so I asked Christine by email if she could book a restaurant and also have a bottle of wine placed in our room on arrival. Both the Restaurant and wine where outstanding (Thank you Christine).

We booked the Paul room which was the attic room, it had two double beds which kept our son happy knowing he had a double bed to himself. the room itself was wonderful, however my wife did not like the matterass. On arrival we where met by Christine and the Family Dog "Mollie", Christine then showed us to our room and also gave us a Battlefield Auto tour which we could use during our stay. That evening Todd and Christine had A Battlefield guide coming into the B&B to give a talk to the guests. The Gentleman was a mind of infomation, he was an Ex Korean war vet....and he knew his stuff.

Breakfasts at the Doubleday are outstanding....you have Christine in the kitchen and Todd in front of house....he is very happy to answer all questions you have and chats away with you over breakfast. He will also give you tips and advice about where to go and what to do during your stay. Afternoons at the Doubleday are a wee gem...they put fresh baked cookies out for you so after a long slog around the battlefield....there is nothing better to come back to the doubleday, make yourself a good Brew (coffee or tea)..put a few cookies on a plate...then take yourself out onto the deck...and enjoy a relaxing afternoon.

Apart for your hosts and the location of the Doubleday....what also makes your stay is the other guests, it was great to chat and meet people from other parts of the US, we where the only guests from outside the USA all the other guests were American....I have to thank them as well as Tood, Christine....and Mollie the dog for making our stay at the Doubleday a wonderful one....

Would we stay here again...........try to stop us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family