“I would not stay again”

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Westerville, Ohio, United States
“I would not stay again”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Terrible musty odor in the room due to the AC unit, but when it's 100* like it was for our trip- it wasn't an option to turn it off. WIFI was slow, breakfast was less than i had hoped for. In our shower, the tub floor felt like it was very soft- not just creaky- but there were soft spots where it felt like it could cave in. Moldy corners in the shower and the shower head didn't work well, old bedding ripped/torn blankets. The Beds/pillows not the most comfortable (we stayed at a hampton the night before, loooove their beds) I will say the staff was very nice and professional and close to everything historical downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seabreezegettysburg, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I am very sorry that this guests stay was not enjoyable.I wish we could make every guest that comes to our hotel have a good experience.That is certainly not always the case no matter how hard we try. ( and we do try our best ).Our AC is cleaned as often as needed, but for the use they get in the summertime we can't get to each and every one immediately. Our box springs and mattresses are Serta Pillow tops ( brand new ) just put into the rooms in March 2012 so i don't know why they were uncomfortable although everyone does not like the same firmness with a mattress. I have NEVER seen a ripped or torn blanket on the beds and if i did it would be replaced immediately or would have been replaced had the guest let us know if in fact it was there.I do however apologize for any inconvenience any guest has at our hotel as we strive to make our hotel the best we can.Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked two rooms for our family and both rooms had a bad odor and it seemed like a citrus freshener was used to cover up the odor. We must have not stayed in renovated rooms because we had the old style fitted polyester spreads on the beds. Our sinks were located outside of the bathrooms. The tubs were old with cracked tiles and no caulk. The wireless service was difficult to use and did not always work.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I am very sorry you did not have a positive stay at our hotel.If i had known this while you were here i certainly would have done my best to rectify the issue. I would like to know the room # so i can personally check on this so it does not happen again.I apologize also for the wifi issue as we were having issues with it. I had Tech support working on it as diligently as possible. Please accept my apology as we do occasionally run into things that are very annoying and that is one thing we do not want our guests to have to cope with. Best Regards
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Thiswas actually our second choie BUT it turned out for the better. A very receptive front staff and friendly people . The breakfast area was service continuously and was clean . Would stay here again without hesitation !

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your very nice review. We are always striving to make our guests feel at home when in our hotel.It's guests like you that make our job very enjoyable. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future..Best Regards
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed a couple nights and was very pleased. Rooms were updated with flatscreen tv's. Very clean and hotel had an excellent location. minutes from downtown. Offered a free continental breakfast. Excellent and friendly service. Next time I go to Gettysburg, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your generous feedback..We look forward to a future visit when you are in the area. It's always a pleasure having nice guests stay in our hotel and thank you for choosing Days Inn...Best Regards
Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The faucet was not attached to the sink. The toilet handle had to be held down to work. The lamp inthe corner didn't work, either did the outlet for the computer on the desk lamp. 3 bath towels for 4 registered guests. A coffee maker, but no cups were provided. Dirt and a childs toy left by prior guests, who knows how long ago. Housekeeping, try moving the furniture and cleaning. It was only 2nights, but there are many other places, stay there instead.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Scurb
, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I am so very disappointed when i read this.I certainly apologize for this and wish this had been brought to my attention while the guests were here.I don't have a room # to check on these problems as no one said anything about any of this..Again my sincere apology and anytime our facility is not how it should be please let me know while in the hotel so any problem can be rectified...Best Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn Gettsburg during the Memorial Day Weekend for my daughter's soccer tournament. The hotel was recently renovated and I was plesantly surprised at the new look and feel of the hotel. Here are a few things to note:

1) Very good customer service: I was originally placed on the second floor, but a strong scent of cigarette smoke was coming through the vents, so they immediately moved me to the fifth floor.

2) The room: All of the furniture appeared to be new. It didn't have that "carpet powder" smell that I associate with hotels of this level. Water had good pressure. Beds were comfortable. There were two washers and dryers on the third floor, which helped.

3) The breakfast room: It was packed at 9 am, but the typical assortment of breakfast items were available - waffles, donuts, juices, cereal, fruit, etc.

4) Location: It is about 2 miles from the heart of Gettyusburg.

5) The pool: I didn't have a chance top get to the pool, but it looked as if people were enjoying themselves.

6) The gym/workout room: This was below standard, especially for a hotel that was recently renovated. It smelled and had very old equipment.

Overall: It is about what you would expect from a no frills hotel in terms of amenities. The renovation is what made the stay bearable for a few nights.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Seabreezegettysburg, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We do our best to make sure all guests are happy and comfortable.Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Gettysburg and we look forward to a return visit..Best Regards
Northwest New Jersey
Reviewed June 6, 2012

It was better than average but less than stellar. I think what made it really good was the staff. The front desk clerks were always friendly and helpful. They really knew their jobs and took care of people with courtesy and friendliness. When we decided to add an extra day on to our trip, it was handled efficiently and quickly. We didn't even have to move rooms.

The room itself was clean and the beds were comfortable. I think my only complaint (and it wasn't a big deal at all) was the fact that the shower and the faucet would run at the same time. So if we were showering, the bathtub faucet would be going as well. I meant to tell the front desk staff but I never got around to it.

The proximity to the national park containing the battlefields was fantastic. Everything in that area was within a 5 minute drive. We'll more than likely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Seabreezegettysburg, Director of Sales at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your positive response.We value all opinions as it helps us to focus on issues that our guests may have. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future..Best Regards