“Good Stopover Choice”

Days Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and was our first stopover on our road trip to New Orleans from Boston.

For the price ($55 p.n.) we were very pleasantly surprised. Looks like a fairly new property so everything was in very good condition. Our room was a good size with two queen beds and spotlessly clean.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. It's not the Ritz, but great place to stop if visiting the Gettysburg National Military Park. No complaints and very pleasantly surprised with our first Days Inn experience.

On Gettysburg itself, definitely worth spending time exploring the battlefield site. The scale is enormous so make sure you set aside ample time. The Visitor Centre is excellent and a good place to start. We booked our bus tour tickets here along with tickets foe the movie, cyclorama and museum. The combined ticket is the best deal if you want to make a day of it.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Beantown214
Seabreezegettysburg, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

Thank you for your feedback it is always appreciated good or bad.It is always a pleasure having nice folks visit us.Our hotel is over 20 yrs old but we do our best to make it look as new as possible and i'm so glad there are guests who appreciate it..We look forward to seeing you again...Best Regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Booked 2 rooms for 3 nights from 9/13 to to 9/16/2011 for a family reunion. Rooms are run down and in desperate need of upgrading. The mattresses in one room had metal pieces sticking out of all 4 corners. Took almost 2 hours to check out without an explanation of why; meanwhile others were checking in and out without any problems. Once I got home, it was discovered the reason for the delay in checking out was that they had compromised my credit card causing a new account number to be issued to me. My first day home I had to contact all the merchants that put monthly recurring charges on my credit card. As if that was not enough, I learned today that they double billed me for the stay. Another headache I have to deal with. When will I stop being punished for choosing this hotel for my family reunion?

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BaltoO

What can i say ? Pictures don't lie....But what this guest failed to convey is the fact she was told new box springs and mattresses had already been ordered to replace what needed replaced immediately and we were waiting for delivery and that everything will be new in the hotel beginning in November.There is much more to this complaint than is being told by this guest such as the outcome but i will not elaborate....I know we will never satisfy every guest who stays here but we do our best to make all guests stays as enjoyable as possible, unfortunately sometimes issues beyond our control do arise but we address them and find a resolution as soon as possible !I'm sorry this guest feels it necessary to try damage our reputation but i think the majority of the other posted responses speak to the real Days Inn in Gettysburg..Thank You

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I do not know why anyone would go anywhere else? Its super cheap. Its clean. Its location is good. Would recommend to anyone visiting Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Request lower floor to avoid having to carry all your luggage up.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Seabreezegettysburg, General Manager at Days Inn Gettysburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback it is always appreciated.We try our best to make our hotel a home away from home for our travelers.We look forward to seeing you again.Best Regards
Just curious, on the room tip space you suggested a 1st floor room so you don't have to carry luggage up.We do have elevators or maybe they were very busy at the time ??
Again, thank you for being a guest at Days Inn

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Yep, that's right, this is the best Days Inn, I have stayed at yet. I got this room for $44 plus tax. We were traveling south and decided to stop in Gettysburg, Pa., to take in the history. Got on line and found this Days Inn for $44. So I booked it online while we were traveling down the freeway in northern Pa.

This looks to be a newer Days Inn, the outside was bright and clean. The grounds were landscaped and taken care of. There is a Perkins restaurant next door.

When we went inside, I was nearly flabergasted!. This place was outstanding. It was on par with a Hampton Inn, only 60% less the cost. The lobby was new, clean, bright, all the lights worked. The carpet was clean and the folks behind the desk were really nice.

There was a small separate sitting area with coffee and tv just off the front desk and this was not the breakfast location. We went to our room and it was really really good. Two double queens for $44. All new and clean, I could not find a single problem in the room or bath.

We went to find some place to eat other than Perkins and they had this entire flip chart with local menus. It was great, however we were tired and walked one minute to the Perkins. The Perkins is an average family restaurant that prides themselves in baked goods. That is about if for Perkins.

All in all, the Days Inn, Gettysburg was just outstanding! If you have never been to Gettysburg, Pa, the site of one of the largest battles of the American Civil War, you should visit it. It is just very interesting and fun. The town is bright and clean and filled with all kinds of history stuff you can do.

I want to add, that the hotel staff are also great. They are friendly and helpful and it was a real joy to have stayed at this Days Inn.

Even if the local area was not filled with history, I would say, go to this Days Inn and stay there just to experience it. When you add all the stuff Gettysburg, Pa. has to offer, this is a must visit and stay. I am telling you, you will not be disappointed.
Have fun!

Room Tip: Check outside metropolitan areas
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rktwright1943

Thank you for your glowing feedback..We certainly try to keep our hotel affordable and in the best condition possible..It's always nice to know our guests are happy with their stay and our facility..Please visit us again we look forward to seeing you..Again, thank you for choosing our Days Inn

Reviewed September 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this Days Inn during our trip to Gettysburg. We were very pleased with our stay. The cost of the room (about $50 per night) was well within our budget. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was better than you get at most hotels. Would definitely stay here again. No complaints.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the very nice response for your stay at our hotel.It is always a pleasure having nice folks stay with us and we certainly look forward to a return future visit ...Best Regards

Reviewed September 22, 2011

The price was good for what you got. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, but they started putting the breakfast items away before the time it was to end at 9:30

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

I am very sorry you were not totally pleased with your stay at our hotel.The issue you raised about breakfast was certainly discussed and thank you for bringing this to my attention.Hopefully you will visit us again. Best Regards

Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel was clean, beds comfortable and staff friendly, but the walls were so thin you can't get to sleep until eveyone else in the building is!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback i'm always interested in our guests opinions good or bad..There are some things out of my control and this issue is one of them..If there is excessive noise in another room we do our best to stop that but the walls are what they are..Again thank you for the feedback...Best Regards