“Poor service, poor maintenance and noisy.”

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Newton
“Poor service, poor maintenance and noisy.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2010

Receptionist looked annoyed at our arrival, not happy leaving his computer screen. Did not explain that a $1.50 charge will be applied daily for the "safe" and that a request must be submitted upon check-out to waive that fee. The room door did not lock properly, the room phone handset was defective making the phone unusable. The toilet did not flush well. The cleaning crew were extremely noisy all day.
When all this was explained to the not so receptive receptionist, she did not seem interested to hear our concerns.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NJ-FAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Henderson, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Bed was like a sway backed horse. We couldn't keep from rolling to the center of the bed. A/C unit was loud and put out air that smelled musty and stale. Hot shower fell short of being hot. Breakfast was fine as usual. I payed $130 for this room and didn't get there until after midnight. This was the worst value for the room I got, ever. We stayed two more nights in Gettysburg but not in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gp5626

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

Bedroom was clean & bed was comfortable. Bathroom should have been cleaner. Hot Tub & pool were disappointing. Water was cloudy and very strong smelling of chemicals. Very good breakfast. Carpeting in stairwells was filthy. Stayed 2 nights and saw no sign of cleaning activity in stairwells.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

Convenient to the Battlefield (it's just on the other side of town), but a wee bit run down. We'd specifically requested a non-smoking room and that's what we were apparently given, but underneath the strong deodorizer scent was the unmistakable aroma of stale cigarettes. When I requested another room, I was told by one of the housekeeping staff that my room was fine and that no one had been smoking in it (I suppose it was all in our imagination)...so that amounted to strike two.

After a second room refused to open--no matter how many card keys they tried--we got a third room, blessedly free of smoke and reasonably comfortable. And a quiet night.

Breakfast was passable, nothing to write home about, but there's a Perkins across the street in case you need something more. If and when we head back, we'll probably opt for somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Southern New England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

We checked into this hotel because we had been staying in Gettysburg and wanted to stay an extra night. Unfortunately, the hotel that I had been staying in was full. When I checked in, I noticed that the carpets in the lobby were filthy and that the front desk area was a mess with food and papers strewn all over the place. Employees were not dressed in any uniform and there were two teenagers walking around in and out of the front desk area. I checked into my room which had a nasty odor. I could have overlooked these things, but the clincher came when we went to use the pool. The indoor pool room was 120 degrees. As I was sitting watching my daughter swim, I saw water dripping from the ceiling. I got up to examine it and the ceiling was leaking rusty water into the pool! I immediately told my daughter to get out of the pool and went out to ask the lady at the front desk if they were aware of the fact that the ceiling was leaking in more than one place and that rusty water was going into the swimming pool. She said "Yeah, they were supposed to fix that. It's o.k. though, it's not dirty or anything. It's because it rained" First off, it hadn't rained. Secondly, even if it had, the fact that rain water was leaking through the roof and forming a rust spot and that the hotel didn't care if it's guests swam in it speaks volumes about the staff at this hotel, not to mention the facility itself. Lest you think I just like to complain, I had checked into 5 different Choice hotels in 5 nights ranging from a $60 Rodeway inn to a $225 suite. I had no problems anywhere except here. We immediately checked out and went elsewhere.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

I showed up at this hotel around 11pm. I am a woman and was alone with 2 children and 18 hours from home. The lady at the front desk was amazing! She was very friendly, helpful, and understood that I was completely worn out from driving since 5am that day. The room was nice, clean, and quiet. My kids hit the bed and were out, as was I. Anyone looking for a good hotel in Gettysburg needs to consider this for your stay. We will be coming back very soon!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Rockwood, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

As anyone else a hotel is a hotel. I was surprised with this one, especially their breakfast. It's close to everything and well worth the money.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple