“Good stay for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg

Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
“Good stay for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed four nights here and everything was fine. Cleanliness no problem, rooms were comfortable, staff was helpful and nice. Very good fitness center and if you don't like their breakfasts, there is a Perkins Restaurant a few steps away. Only complaint is more outlets needed for charging personal electronics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Sjggrg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
pittsburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and the personnel pleasant and helpful. The location is pretty much perfect in hitting the local sites. The only small drawback with the hotel was out of the four pillows they have on queen size beds, two were musty smelling. Since I only use two, the others were pushed off.

KRD

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a very nice motel. Our room was clean and well appointed. The king sized bed was most comfortable. The breakfast provided was one of the best we've encountered. From 6 to 9:30 AM they provide coffee, orange juice, yogurt, eggs, sausage, cereal, muffins, pastries, and waffles or pancakes. And there is a nice flower garden outside the registration area.

The motel is located about 1/4 mile north of the entrance leading to the Gettysburg Visitor Center. It is less than a mile south of the monuments on Cemetery Ridge, and perhaps a mile south of downtown Gettysburg. Really conveniently located.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator. The damn thing gives off a loud ding when it stops; we c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don H
Oneida, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just down the road (5 minutes) from downtown historic Gettysburg...clean rooms, quiet, secure. Only drawback is that there are only about 4 tables in the breakfast area so about 7 am is the best time. Lots of construction workers staying there but they are usually gone by 6;30 AM.

Zelienople, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I made reservations months ago for two evenings using the advanced purchase option. Just recently we decided to add another night so I called the hotel directly. I was told I could not make a reservation and had to use the website. So used the website but could find the room I wanted so I called the 800 number. They said they could not make the reservation and had to use the website???? After this wreck I got a room on the website. We arrived and were greeted quickly. I was told we had to check out the next morning and check back in since two reservations. We got to our King Suite with a hot tub and was satisfied. I am a smoker and went outside to have a cigarette. When coming back in I pulled the door closed behind me, and the entire door handle broke off in my hand. I went to soak in the hot tub, filled it up and turned on the pumps, NOTHING!! Why advertise a hot tub when it does not work? It is not really attached to the wall and the apron was not secure. Otherwise we had a very quiet room.

• Stayed September 2013
Weeki Wachee, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

First of all, let me start this review by pointing out that I usually go to Marriott properties when using conventional hotels. The Courtyard in this area had no available rooms when we planned our trip, so I "gambled" with Priceline door a 3* hotel. I only paid $55 + tax each night (2 nights booked) and thought from their website that I got a really good deal. They listed this hotel at $110+taxes per night on their website....I would be LIVID if we had paid that much! It is OLD and WORN! Tattered to the point of being gross. The room smells moldy...the carpet worn and dirty. The bathroom shower only has a cloth (not vinyl) shower curtain with NO liner. No towel mat to step onto.
Do NOT believe the doctored photo of this shabby hotel! The clerk gave no welcome greeting at all....probably embarrassed of the hotel as well!

2 Thank Heather H

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Cabot, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We checked in on a Wed. with plans to stay through Sat. Unfortunately on Friday we discovered bedbugs. Needless to say we left for another hotel. We had to spend hours spraying, bagging, and washing and drying all our clothes, luggage, etc. This was our first experience with bedbugs and we stay in hotels frequently. The staff at the desk had very poor manners even though they did refund our money.
I would never stay there again!

Room Tip: stay in another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends