“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Sandusky, Ohio
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel was fabulous! We stayed there for 11 days and I feel I picked a great one! The staff was very friendly, very helpful and just pleasant to chat with. The housekeeping was excellent. Our room was very clean and smelled fresh the day of our arrival, and was kept that way throughout our stay. The housekeeping staff was friendly and happy to provide us with extra towels or whatever else we needed. Breakfast was delicious - many hot items included (such as sausage, eggs, waffles) and a great variety!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
gmpa120, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review. We feel our breakfast is the best of the three hotels surrounding us. This is the new "Your Morning Breakfast" program, which we have been getting outstanding comments about. Thank you for your comments about the staff in general. They all complete extensive ongoing training in customer service. The rooms we try to give the like new look. We were complately remodeled a year ago but we try to maintain the look. Again thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

We stay at this hotel almost every year we started about three years ago when they had big tube tvs, now its freshly, and newly done nice flat tvs which my husband loved, cleaned shower, smelled clean overal ok however the hotel staff was awful the housekeeping was nice but didnt speak english we would walk out the door and the general manager i believe white hair? & have the staff bigger brown hair lady, others girls were sitting out there smoking seems like everytime we went to our room they were there, so no wonder when we need help we didnt get any!!! Food was ok but mcdonalds kept looking better.

• Stayed September 2012
gmpa120, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the room and the new 42 inch flat screened televisions. As for the staff being on break whenever you needed them we usually only have one staff member working at a time so perhaps there was a company meeting going on that day. If there was no one behind the desk they are always available by phone and a sign posted at the front desk. Recently we have had a change of staff at the hotel that are more customer service oriented. They are constantly enhancing their skills through training in customer servcie.Thanks again and we look forward to you giving us another chance again to prove our improvements in the future.
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Probably picked a bad time to visit Gettysburg, there was a series of WW-II re-enactments events going on which we didn't realize until we drove into town. Several hotels/motels we tried first were all booked out and the Comfort Inn was the first that had availability. Due to the amount of people visiting the town check-in was very busy and took way longer then it should, staff also appeared stressed but effort was definitely made to stay professional and friendly.

Room was ok and of Comfort Inn standard, not overly spacious but comfortable and for a single night more then fine. I wasn't overly impressed with breakfast but this might have been caused by the mass of people all trying to have it at the same time in a too small area. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say that in a less busy period I'd consider staying there again (check that calendar).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller-935
Thank you for your nice review. Sometimes it does get a bit hectic with the tourist season. To me I prefer the winter when the museums, restaurants and hotels are less crowded. We now have additional seating for breakfast in another breakfast room for days when the hotel is full. We recently implimented the new "Your Morning Breakfast". The breakfast consists of sausages, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, assorted danishes and muffins, juices, oatmeal, yogurt, assorted breads, home made waffles, coffee and tea. We hope to see you in the near future!
Concord, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

The staff was unkempt except for the lady stocking and cleaning at breakfast. The pool area was filthy and the pool was dirty and had hair and debri in it. Asked desk clerk who was on a personal call, to have maintenance come and clean, after waiting 40min, I went back out to check, she was still on her personal call and said that maintenace wasn't answering. The maid in the morning was dressed in sweats and a cut up tshirt and looked like he had just rolled out of bed. Room was not dirty, but not clean either. Blankets looked used. Breakfast was fine. Went back to pool next day and it was cleaned, but used bobbi pins on deck furniture and a rotten moldy plum pit fell out of the bottom of a chair that I moved.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maryann C
Thank you for your review. Since you have stayed we have hired more dedicated customer service oriented staff. They are trained daily on guest satisfaction.We have a new dedicated head housekeeper who has many years of housekeeping experience. If you check out our latest reviews the staff has improved in all areas of customer satisfaction. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had a great stay at the comfort inn the general manager and her staff were very helpful and knowledgeble about the sights to see. gave me ideas on places to eat. the housekeeping staff did an awesome job on my room. all in all had a great stay and will be referring my family and friends if they visit gettysburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you Kayla for your review. We appreciate all comments. Our staff is well trained on attractions in Gettysburg. We encourage them to tour the battlefield, visit museums and eat locally so they are very knowledgable on Gettysburg. We recently remodeled all our rooms and have excellent housekeepers who are trained by Choice University on all aspects of cleaning to achieve professional results. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Estero, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and we checked in and was given a room on the first floor. As soon as we opened the door, the room reeked of smoke. The room seemed quite comfortable except for the smell of tobacco smoke. Not soon enough we received a call from the front desk asking if everything was to our satisfaction. I responded yes, except for the smell of smoke that permeated in the room. I asked if this was a non-smoking room, she replied all of Confort Inn has been smoke-free for 6 months. I was told that the drapes were replaced, but I believe they forgot to hose down the rest of the furniture in the room and the carpet. They immediately sent someone to spray the room. I didn't ask for another room since we spent the whole day out touring Gettysburg and I thought the spray and keeping the a/c on high would help when we got back. It didn't, it still reeked of smoke when we entered the room again. We were tired so we went to sleep and would tell the front desk in the morning. I went upstairs to work out in the exercise room, but the a/c didn't work and the water cooler was not plugged in either. When I entered my room, again I smelled the odor, again they sprayed....Oh, by the way, the safe didn't work either. They tried replacing the batteries, but still not working. The breakfast was good, the bed was comfortable and the staff was helpful. The next time, I'll definitely ask to see the room first before we register.

Room Tip: Check out the room before registering
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
gmpa120, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites in Gettysburg, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
I apologize from any inconvenience caused by the smell from the room. We went 100% smoke free several months ago. All furnishings in the rooms had been replaced or deep cleaned. Unfortunately with the busy season we have not been able to replace the carpets in the five smoking rooms. Those rooms are on a rent last policy. They should be all replaced in September 2012. As for the A/C not working in the exercise I am very sorry. We are in the process of opening our new excercise room and the a/c was being newly installed. Thank you for your comments and If you would like to discuss further please contact me. Thank you for staying with us!
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Less than impressed with this property! We checked in on a Friday with no problems, quick and friendly at the front desk. We used our reward points for a two night stay. We arrived at our room on the first floor. The room was dingy, very out dated. The comforters were dirty looking and we immediately removed it from the bed. The carpeting was very worn and the overall appearance of the room was not appealing. Pluses were a brand new TV and refrigerator. We left for the day and didn’t spend much time in the room. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were hard and lumpy. The next morning we discovered used tissues behind the bed and toe nail clippings on the floor (TIP: always check the room right away – a mistake we will no make again!) Then the unspeakable happened, I found a tic on my leg! We contacted the front desk right away. I asked to have a manager come to my room, but there was no manager on for the weekend?!? The lady working the desk then informed me that she was very busy at the moment and would need to call me back. After 10 minutes I called her back, and she informed me that they would move our room. The second room looked as if it had been newly renovated ( new carpet, new spreads) but was still not worth the price they were charging per night. The breakfast was poor. Very few options and all knock off brands that did not taste good. Upon check out they informed us they would give us a 10% discount for our troubles. However when we told them that they were reward nights, they quickly stated they could not do anything and would not help. I highly recommend staying ANYWHERE else in the Gettysburg.

Room Tip: Check the room right away! if there is any doubt or concern bring it to the hotels attention righ aw...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple