“Was a great place to stay for our anniversary trip close to everything.”

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed October 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed Wednesday and Thursday night and it was great. The location is walking distance to everything you'll need and the staff was very knowledgable and helpful with all questions. The motel is older, but it was clean and comfortable. I also felt very safe. We are looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge

Reviewed September 28, 2009

I have stayed at this motel several times as I am a annual visitor to Gettysburg.
Everytime I have had no complaints. David Paynter was very helpful in every way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. Everything is centrally located which is very important to me.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I recently stayed at the Budget Host. I was traveling with my mother so I wanted us to be close to the park and restaurants. This motel is just that. 5 miutes from the battlefield and just across the street from the National Cemetery and the Dobbins House is within walking distance.
Now the motel is cheap, $55 a night so I wasn't expecting to have 4 star accommodations by any means, but what I did expect was for the place to at least be clean. The room was quite filthy. There were cobwebs everywhere and the carpet was filthy. It seemed like the housekeepers just vacuumed the center of the room and that was it. The bathroom was small, but at least it was clean.
Another problem with the place is the road noise. This place is not for the light sleeper. I was constantly awakened by the sounds of motorcycles, trucks, etc. Not really the motels fault, but I honestly didn't sleep for more than 4 hours per night.
I might stay here again if the housekeeping staff would do a better job and if I remember to bring ear plugs. Because as I have said before the motel is very close to everything.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 9, 2009

The excellent customer service and location of this motel were the cherry on top of the sundae. For a low price motel Three Crowns really gives you 5 star customer service. I would really recommend this hotel to any and everyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2009

The owner seemed very nice but the place was very old and not maintained. Our room had been vacumed only in the middle of the room-not under the tables at all. The a/c was very noisy and the bathroom was very small and needed a good scrubbing. The caulking had mildew in it. The room was just way too small for our family of four. It had two things good, the furniture looked fairly new and the pool was clean. There was a man that looked homless sleeping in a chair just before dark at the pool. Kinda creepy! We spent one night here at $70 and moved down the street the next night for $100 and it was worth the $30 extra to feel safe and clean. I guess if you're used to the Bronx, this place is okay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank NowataOKDenise
Reviewed August 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed at The Budget Host two nights and were both very pleased. The room was very very clean and comfortable and we liked the fact that we could park our car right in front of our room. The air conditioner worked very well keeping our room cool. The pool was very clean also. The motel is located within walking distance to all the museums and right across the street from The National Cemetery and many many restaraunts. During our two day stay, we only had to drive our vehicle once and that was to go to the grocery store to get drinks etc to have in the refrigerator in our room. It was nice to wake up in the mornings to fresh coffee and danish pastries located in the lobby. However, the best part of our stay at The Budget Host was most definitely the staff. Our first day there, we had trouble with the internet connection but this was very quickly resolved by the desk clerk and we had internet connection then the rest of our stay with no problems. The house keeping staff was awesome and friendly as well. The manager there was awesome and treated us like royalty. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sparklineagle
Reviewed June 22, 2009

I was hesitant about our stay here due to some poor reviews and the low room rate. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are old and the mattressess way to soft for our liking. The rooms were also a little dark and the air conditioner was on the loud side. However, The room and bath were very clean. The pool area was clean and close by. On-site parking at your door is a plus for us. We had a refigerater in both rooms.The location was great, convenient to shops and restaurants and truly walking distance to many of them. Gettysburg National Park was minutes away by car. We had spent the last two nights in downtown PA and spent more on one night for ONE room than we did for two rooms at Three Crowns. (I know, apples to oranges) but still a great value.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family