“Love this place”

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a wonderful and well-located motel! A walk through the National Cemetery and you're on the battlefield. Actually walk in any direction and there is something...a museum, food, shops, etc. Mark and the staff are wonderful! My husband and I (and my parents) go to Gettysburg every spring and fall and wouldn't stay anywhere else! If you're looking for a hot tub/champagne type of room then will want to look elsewhere. But if your looking to explore Gettysburg and have a great place to hang out in the evening with a friendly and helpful staff this is your place! Thanks to Mark and staff for all you do!

Room Tip: Choose a smoking or non-smoking room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank 2sugaree

Reviewed March 1, 2014

As a local business owner I often find myself stuck in Gettysburg during inclement weather and Mark from the Budget Host always provides excellent customer service. My room is always clean & ready as promised. This is a very economical hotel, off season as well as during peak season. Mark & the cleaning staff do a fantastic job. They are located in the heart of Steinwehr Avenue within walking distance to the National Cemetary and other fantastic shops and restaurants! If you wanna just park and walk this is the place to be!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank wmcwills
Reviewed December 6, 2013

as usual Mark, the manager, did a great job. the staff was friendly and always ready to help. they are making this a great place to stay. great location to everything in town. priced right for a weekend away. highly trust and believe this is a place that you will like and be able to enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a nice place to stay in Gettysburg. It isn't anything too fancy, but it's in a great location and you can walk to almost anywhere you want to go in Gettysburg. It's right across the street from the cemetery and it's close to everything. The room was nice and very clean. Not too modern but it worked for us. I would definitely stay there again if we went back to Gettysburg.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank buhdoo
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location. Clean room. Very dated. No microwave or coffee maker. There was a small fridge. We were in rooms 123-124.There was a weird, intermittent banging noise that I think came from the heat source ( probably boiler pipes). This place squeaks in with a 4 because it's cheap.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a reasonable, clean place to stay. I found it here. The decor is not modern. It was fairly clean and quiet. The doors use a metal key. That should tell you a little about how modern the furnishings are. The location is amazing. You are across the street from the National Cemetery where Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address. You are also a short distance from the main battlefield and downtown.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank woosusan
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I read the reviews before booking this room as I do with all hotels...sometimes I wonder if I stay at the same place as the other reviewers! The location is great but the room we stayed in was just gross. No, I didn't complain mostly because my husband didn't want me to but I figured I could at least write about it now so others will know. He thought it was a nasty room too but figured we were only there to walk around a bit and to sleep before traveling on so there was no sense in complaining. The other room that family members were in was cleaner and it didn't smell bad like the room we were in. I had to spray perfume to get our room to smell better. The sink looked like someone had just brushed their teeth and their hair.The fridge was dirty and the a/c had dust all over it. It is a very old place and desperately needs to be updated but the biggest thing is that it should just be clean and smell fresh! I used to clean hotel rooms and I would have been fired if I had left a room like that.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family