“Kid-friendly and super location!”

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Boston
“Kid-friendly and super location!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we spent 3 nights at the Budget Host with my two preteens and were glad we did! Our favorite things -- the location, the outdoor pool, and the clean, comfortable room.

After driving 8 hours to get to Gettysburg, we wanted to spend as little time as possible in the car. At the Budget Host, my kids and I were able to walk to local restaurants (Dobbins, Gettysburg Eddie's, O'Rourkes, the Avenue, and more), fast food restaurants (McDonalds, Friendlys), several ice cream shops, lots of souvenir shops, and historic attractions. We could also walk to the National Cemetery, and the Gettysburg National Military Park was just a few minute's drive away. Lincoln Square, the downtown area, was also a short drive away but there isn't anything kid-friendly there except for the David Wills House National Historic Site so we were very happy that we stayed nearer to the National Park.

After a hot day of sightseeing, we loved jumping into the pool and spending hours splashing and relaxing under the moonshine. So much nicer than an indoor pool!

As for the room, that was my biggest surprise. I was sure it would not meet my high standards but I was wrong. Great air conditioning, super clean, good TV, sink outside the bathroom, and comfortable beds.

A great price for a great place! If we ever get back to Gettysburg, we will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I liked that they had all the nonsmoking rooms together so we didn't have to walk outside our ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Belvidere
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for our recent visit to Gettysburg and will stay there again whenever we return. Clean, comfortable, safe and a very helpful, friendly staff. Great location within walking distance to everything. Excellent price . Not disappointed in one thing. I recommend you check it out when looking for an economical place to "hang your hat" while visiting Gettysburg.

1 Thank Lisa C
Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for a night on a long road trip and to try to save $. I doubled checked TripAdvisor reviews several times due to the "motel" label. And it was true what people reviewed it as...a fine place to stay. The desk clerks were very kind and helpful, so far as upon hearing my husband and I talk about the Gettysburg car tour and wondering about it, he told us that someone was using their cd copy presently but to stop by in the morning and we could have it for the day. The room was basic but clean. The bed was comfortable. The towels were a bit scratchy. The only real "hesitant" complaint was the air upon arrival. Our window was open for fresh air...ok...but the air inside was not fresh smelling. Not bad, but not fresh. Running the air conditioner helped. It had to run all night and was a bit noisy. That all said, we would stay here again if we were passing through again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2travelbug
Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2013

First impression is of a great price. Seriously. This has got to be one of the most - if not the most affordable - lodgings in the area.

Second impression: Friendly. The owner is on site and very personable (not pushy just friendly).

The room itself was clean and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable. I think they may be new mattresses (recollecting conversation with owner?) but I do know they were on par (actually better) than mattresses at both Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn, respectively. I would go as far as to say it was probably the best mattress I've slept on in a hotel. Bathroom was spotless.

Location is easy to get in and out of, parking is free, and the motel is located within minutes of everything Gettysburg has to offer.

Breakfast is continental served in the lobby and *homemade* banana and pumpkin bread were an unexpected treat.

This was our first "motel" experience and we were very pleasantly surprised. I am super picky and normally a "Hampton / Hilton Garden Girl" and can say that I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 127 was very nice.
1 Thank kseabolt
Avis, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Since most of the reviews I read were positive, I decided to give this motel a chance. I booked for the Memorial Day weekend. The motel was really very nice. Just like it has already been said, my room was very clean although the furniture is dated. The a/c and fridge worked well and the drainage in the tub and sink was good. The signal for the Wi-Fi was very good. The office attendant was very friendly and check in was fast. Also, the lobby had a stack of brochures and menus for businesses in the area, which was very convenient. The motel is situated in a great location with many sites within walking distance. Some reviewers had mentioned a problem with noise. Yes, the motel is located right on a main road, and motorcycles seem to be a norm in this area, so expect that kind of noise. Otherwise, the only other noise I heard was the occasional car in the parking lot. Remember, it is a motel. Bed sheets were clean and the bed itself was comfortable. A couple of things I’d want to point out: 1) this property still uses keys (like others have reviewed) so you have to lock your room door yourself, it does not lock automatically. I had to get used to that again; and 2) there is a small museum right in the middle of the motel parking lot and pulling in/out can get tricky if you park near it with a large vehicle. I would stay here again for sure, the price can’t be beat, especially if you don’t plan on staying in the room often.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Lonso
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here in the past, friendly owner, great location on Steinwehr ave. close to a lot of shops, food and attractions including the battlefield. Room was comfortable, alittle old but for what you pay, can't complain. Small fridge, hairdryer, nice tv with hundreds of channels. within walking distance of all things on Steinwehr. Breakfast consists of donuts or danishes, with cofee or oj. If you want something more go to the Lincoln diner on Carlisle street, great food and prices. They have an outdoor pool.

Room Tip: You park at your door so any room will work.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank thickman63
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three times and will go back every year if possible, Mark is a great host and makes us feel like family, the location can,t be beat, you can walk to all attractions and restaurants, it is quiet clean and great room rates, we would highly recommend this motel to anyone, thanks for a great time every time Mark , we are going back this aug, can,t wait

Dianne & Jim