Based on Tripadvisor reviews, we spent 3 nights at the Budget Host with my two preteens and were glad we did! Our favorite things -- the location, the outdoor pool, and the clean, comfortable room.
After driving 8 hours to get to Gettysburg, we wanted to spend as little time as possible in the car. At the Budget Host, my kids and I were able to walk to local restaurants (Dobbins, Gettysburg Eddie's, O'Rourkes, the Avenue, and more), fast food restaurants (McDonalds, Friendlys), several ice cream shops, lots of souvenir shops, and historic attractions. We could also walk to the National Cemetery, and the Gettysburg National Military Park was just a few minute's drive away. Lincoln Square, the downtown area, was also a short drive away but there isn't anything kid-friendly there except for the David Wills House National Historic Site so we were very happy that we stayed nearer to the National Park.
After a hot day of sightseeing, we loved jumping into the pool and spending hours splashing and relaxing under the moonshine. So much nicer than an indoor pool!
As for the room, that was my biggest surprise. I was sure it would not meet my high standards but I was wrong. Great air conditioning, super clean, good TV, sink outside the bathroom, and comfortable beds.
A great price for a great place! If we ever get back to Gettysburg, we will definitely stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Host 3 Crowns Motor Lodge
- Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Hotel Gettysburg
- Budget Host Three Crowns Hotel
- Budget Host Three Crowns Motel