“Great Customer Service”

Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed October 9, 2007

The location was great, The hotel was clean and neat. The bed's were the most comfortable I have slept in. The staff was very friendly and willing to help out any way they can. Thanks for a GREAT STAY!!!!

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank Gettyboy
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Three Crowns Motor Lodge

Reviewed September 10, 2007

My wife and I decided to take a brief vacation in Gettysburg with her sister and son. The location is excellent and the manager Kevin was awesome. My wife was a little bothered at first by his tattoos but after a short conversation with him, he is really a great guy. The rooms were exceptionally clean, and so was the office. Kevin was very helpful with popular local attractions, and places not to visit. I would reccomend this motel to anyone visiting the area. And I will be back next summer!
Phil, VA

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnboy101
Reviewed August 2, 2007

We had to stay overnight for a wedding reception. It just so happened the Greyhound convention was that weekend. This place was the only one that had vacancies. It's not THAT bad. The bathroom area was very clean. Good thing. The corners where the carpet met the wall were dusty. Looks like the vacuum could not get that close. The carpet was not that old but it just needed a good steam cleaning. There were some repairs that were done various places in the room that were very cheezy. They looked like temporary repairs but werent because they were painted over. It did have the funky hotel smell. The front desk guy was very nice. I read previous reviews so I prepared myself for something worse. Great location. BYO Blanket or comforter. We did not have any problems. I think the room # was 108 or 106. We survived.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nanmar2
Reviewed July 19, 2007

I booked this hotel based on reviews on TA and also because the Colton was full and they referred me to Budget Host.

We arrived around 9pm and did advise at reservation (directly) that we would be a late arrival. We had the AAA rate and were charge $150 and change for 2 adults and 1 child (9yo) for a two night stay.

The room was clean and the a/c was on, which was very welcome as the outside temps were hot and muggy. There was a strange light fixture in our room and on the toliet cover that said "Levitation Project" in bright green. That was a bit bizarre and added "character".

The breakfast was only pastries in a tupperware type box and coffee. I walked to a local gas station to purchase juice.

The location was AWESOME. We were a few hundred yards from the Visitor's Center and Cemetary and in the center of town to walk to restaurants and shops.

We found the pool to be clean and my family enjoyed splashing away in it. It ranges from 3 to 9 feet, but the drop off is marked by a floating rope.

A heads up if you tend to be freaked out by tattoos or piercings- the manager/owner is heavily tattooed and has hoops in his ear lobes that are flush with his earlobe (creating a hole ringed by the metal hoop). My son was impressed/amazed. I mention this because I want fellow travelers to not be judgemental. The management is VERY nice, pleasant and helpful, so if you are one who lets outside appearances affect your impression of an operation, PLEASE DON'T!

One other note, the motel actively solicits tips for the maids. I didn't mind, and make it a regular practice to tip at every hotel stay. Due to the rates, the staff's wages are likely correspondingly low as well, so please be a good tipper.

This motel is an excellent value and location and the price can't be beat.

Stayed: July 2007
6  Thank Mara D
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We were a walk-in after our reservation at a nearby hotel was "lost" and they had no vacancies (funny - the sign said Vacancies but they had none - it was convenient how there were vacancies here at their sister hotel).

Anyway, I guess the room was clean, which is all I really care about, but it's hard to tell because it's so old. I couldn't reach the air conditioner, fortunately my teenager could. It seemed pretty damp and musty in there, but our wet clothes from Hershey seemed to dry okay overnight.

No clocks in the rooms? To me that is a basic neccesity. I don't need frills - but a clock doesn't seem like an extra amenity to me.

The beds were comfortable and we all slept well, so that's all that mattered to me.

Very close and convenient to everything in G'burg!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank JR981
Reviewed June 11, 2007

and it was exactly what we wanted. We visited Gettysburg a few years ago with the idea that we were going to be out and about for most of our trip. We wanted a nice, clean, comfortable place to keep our stuff, park our car, sleep and shower.

This place was perfect!! Walking distance to a lot of the sights and restaurants. Yes, the pool was kinda scary but I can swim at home! I came to Gettysburg for the sights and the history, not the hotel pool.

If you want amenities this place is not for you. If you want to spend as little as possible (even without the AAA discount!!) for a place you are only going to be for 8 hrs each day then this is the place. I am currently planning another trip and I am so excited this place is still available.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled as a couple
3  Thank athenePittsburgh
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I've stayed here 3 times now. Great place, perfect location and Kevin the manager was very accommodating. The price is right, too! We were able to walk to everywhere we wanted to go since the hotel is right in town. Great time and great people ... I will definately be back!! Oh, and I have to mention that this place is biker friendly - thanks Kevin!
Kelly from Taylor, MI