“Review #2”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Went back again, taking my 6 year old nephew, hot dogs again, this time mine without onions - perfect!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Great diner atmosphere, and clearly popular with the locals--but the Texas chili dogs were just so-so (dogs were ok; the chili wasn't good) and the hot ham & cheese sandwich was kind of flabby--It would have been a lot better if they'd grilled the roll.

Reviewed November 3, 2009

Ernie's have great chili dogs and good sandwiches its a local favorite

Reviewed September 7, 2009

I can also say the breakfasts passing by looked good - and judging by the atmosphere, it has a good local following. I had the hot dogs with (onions, chili, and mustard). Not so much. They were $2.35 a pop, so I'm not upset. However, I've had much better hot dogs elsewhere (say, Yocco's in the Lehigh Valley) . The dogs themselves were very mildly flavored. The chili was so/so. The reconstituted onions were awful and a real buzzkill. The mustard was standard yellow. Also had fries which were ok.

Reviewed September 1, 2009

This is the place to go if you want a warm and friendly atmosphere with the best homecooking around. The prices for the food cannot be beat. You will be surprised by how low the check is for a family when you get it. That leads me to the service. I've never known such a friendly staff at a restaurant, not to mention how long many of them have been working there. They make you feel like you are a part of their family. The food is quick to arrive and you won't have to worry about having to ask for a refill. I've even had a waitress offer me a free cup of coffee when she was going around trying to empty the pot. My favorite meal there is breakfast since it reminds me of my grandmother's high standards for homecooked breakfast. They are known most for their Texas hot dogs. Those come with mustard, onions, and their special chili sauce. The skin on their hot dogs is a little tough and spicy. I've found that I like them better skinless, which they will do for you if you ask. The atmosphere is that of a true diner experience. It adds to the friendly and warm feeling you get from the place. The diner is decorated with family pictures and you can read the story behind the family owned business on the menu. Parking is the only problem since you have to park along the street. I've found that parking on the side streets is much easier since that part of the main street is always busy. Seating can also be a problem if you go at a busy time, but you also have the option to order your food to go. Or you can choose to wait for a bit by browsing around the many shops along the street in that area. My grandfather loved to eat at Ernie's when he was my age and he continued to do so up until his final days. This will be a place I will eat at for as long as it is around. I highly recommend it to everyone!