“Amazing dawgs!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I honestly do not understand all the bad reviews. I think you folks are nuts. This is a great place to eat. I LOVE their Taco Dawgs! I think they would be perfect with a little bit of sour cream... But still amazing. Do yourself a favor and try this place. But do NOT under estimate the size of their Dawgs. One is enough for me. And fries... Oh let me tell you about the fries. We ordered 2 large fries... We could of done with one order. They gave us so many great fries we had to get a Dawgy bag to take the rest with us. Be sure to check it out when in town!
(Note: They are famous for their hot dogs)

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were there over the weekend of the 150th anniversary. Every other food place was busy except this one. That should have been our sign. We were starving so we thought we would try it out. The outside looked inviting. The inside was dirty & the bathrooms stunk. Our waitress had an attitude but the food was fast & we had waited way too long to eat. I wish we had waited longer because the burgers were thin & greasy, the fries were of the frozen variety, the hotdogs were cheap like sugardales, and the chili was horrible. I'm talking a mound of burnt ground beef with hardly any juice, no flavor, and smelly. I would have been better off with cheap hot dog sauce from the gas station. I mean, a restaurant that can't even make a decent chili dog & fries! I love diner food but this was deplorable! We even warded off would be patrons upon exiting. It was that bad.

3  Thank staceye411
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was nobody's fault by my own, but still I kind of felt like we were taken advantage of after leaving. The atmosphere is fun, an old style diner with a counter and booths. Our breakfast was pretty good, but we didn't find it anything special. Our family of 4 had: 2 omelets, a BLT, and an order of pancakes. The bill: $47. Thus, my problem with the place is that I didn't read the menu closely and got nailed by the waitresses suggestions (i.e. Home fries with your omelet, cream cheese with the bagel) and learning at the end that everything was ala carte and very pricey. You are better off at the Perkins just outside of town.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Okay, you walk in and think, WOW, a family owned diner since 1921. And it looks so authentic. But it all ends there. First off, there is nothing Texas about this place. Nothing on the menu is from Texas. I had the chipped beef hoagie. It was 3 strips of what looked like turkey bacon. But it did not taste like bacon and it did not taste like beef. My wife had the taco burger. Runny non tasteful sauce on the bun and it came out in about 90 seconds. Must have been sitting under a warmer. Server was efficient but not helpful. Asked her about a couple of items on the menu and she stated she had never had them and offered no suggestions. Menu is not that big, she should have had ideas.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We were very surprised when we got the bill. Watch out when you order. It was $47 for family of 4 breakfast. When they ask home fries or whatever else, add $2.50 a question.

1  Thank Sheilavehla