What a truly amazing Bed & Breakfast! We have gone to many over the years, from California to the NY Islands, but this was honestly one of the best ever!!!
All of my special requests, celebrating my wife's doctorate degree, were met with outstanding service. The Lemon-Lemon cupcakes were a top-notch delight and were certainly a grand surprise to my beautiful wife.
We loved meeting Brian at the back of the home with his arms elbow-deep in topsoil preparing the garden for the summer. What a lovely gentleman he is! Not only did he spend the time to give us a tour of his lovely house, but gave us some history of the area and dining and event recommendations. His choice for Ghost Tour WAS the BEST!!!
And our reccommended tour guide, Mr. George Nelson, was a true delight. He had such knowledge and passion for the history at Gettysburg that there is no better way to see the Battlefield in our opinion.
The rooms of the Brickhouse Inn gave you a true feeling of living in the days of yesteryear with all of the creature comforts of modern day. Our balcony from the North Carolina Suite was outstanding and it became a morning ritual to sway in the rocking chairs while watching the cardinals swoop through the back gardens.
The breakfasts were worthy of the top cooking shows on the food network! Any special request was met and all glasses were kept full with the utmost of service. Simply a delicious way to start the day!
The in-laws were also very pleased with the entire stay at the Brickhouse Inn. Having never planned trips ahead of time, they were so thankful that their amazing son-in-law :) took care of everything...especially getting them the New England Suite right down the hall which they adored.
All in all, we will most certainly be back again, hopefully this autumn.
Cheers to Brian and Tessa for creating an amazing destination for travellers to remember and treasure as a place they can call a second home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Brickhouse Inn is the premier award winning B&B inn in Gettysburg with an ideal location in the downtown historic area. The 1898 Victorian mansion and c.1830 historic Welty House offer superb rooms all with private bathrooms. Off-street parking and beautiful gardens make the Inn a perfect oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brickhouse Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Brickhouse Hotel Gettysburg