All reviews the barn morning history tack room history lesson ghost stories civil war each morning cookies outdoor cats local historian social hour hideaway room root beer breakfast was delicious pre breakfast b and b grounds are beautiful
Reviewed April 6, 2017

I stayed at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn in October 2015 and i recommend it to everyone. It is a small jewel full of history and atmosphere: old furnitures, big rooms with very comfortable beds and books to read, a wonderful veranda to sit outside and enjoy. The breakfast is full english with eggs and orange juice and very good coffee. The owner is a fantastic lady.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2017

We stayed in the Tack Barn Room for two nights. We were traveling with our dog and needed a quick weekend get-away. Our dog loved the pony and horses being right outside of her door. Breakfast was great. The inn keepers were very friendly and helpful. Wonderful history lesson (optional) prior to breakfast where my boyfriend and I got to fire a riffle.

Room tip: Rack Barn room is great for traveling with your dog!
1  Thank Jennie B
Reviewed March 17, 2017

The atmosphere is wonderful. Laid back. You receive an itinerary of what is happening in Gettysburg. After a wonderful breakfast you are on your own to either remain at the house and relax or explore the surrounding town and landscape. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated. The parlor is a great place to relax between expeditions or even go to you bedroom.
The hostesses, Debbie and Flo are very welcoming and helpful with guiding you to where ever you want to go. Their animals are rescues and also wonderful.
It is definitely worth checking into.

Room tip: All rooms are exquisite but next time I'm going for the Houghtelin Room or Anna's Garden.
Reviewed March 5, 2017

This was my wife and my second visit to the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast. We cannot use enough superlatives to describe our stay. We were greeted by Jaron, the host upon arrival. Not only is he outgoing, intelligent and friendly, but he makes the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever eat!
We stayed in the Reilly North Carolina Artillery Room (I believe that is the full name). All the rooms are wonderful, but that is our favorite as it is on the 1st floor, access easily to the rear parking lot, the dining room and the living room. The entire building is spotlessly clean as was our room.
There are two lounges or living rooms. The larger of the two has a large fireplace, shelves of books relating to the Civil War, and plush, comfy chairs and couches to relax in.
The next morning's breakfast consisted of a souffle, grilled sausages, roasted potatoes, muffins, fruit and yogurt, along with juice and coffee. It was a taste treat; you could not ask for more.
My wife and I upon arriving strolled the grounds with our dog, and it also deserves mentioning that the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast is dog friendly, and they added a dog exercise area in back of the barn, which was very welcome.
As you can tell, we love this establishment, and I may even go so far to say it is one of my favorite places to visit in the entire country.
Good luck to Florence, Debbie, Jaron and the entire staff......keep up the good work!

Room tip: The access to the parking lots is easier on first floor rooms, but all are good
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Battlefield B, Evening Host at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit as well as my cookies! I look forward to seeing you and your dog the next time you're in the Gettysburg area.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the tack room for two nights during the week. We absolutely loved it, it was so laid back and really did feel just like home. I got the check in times mixed up and arrived 4 hours early (11am instead of 3pm) and we still got into our room less than 20 minutes after arrival, which was really appreciated. The room was very clean, and I loved the Jacuzzi tub. We also really enjoyed the horses right outside the room. We sat on the deck of the main house one night and had a bottle of wine, and made a few feline friends in the process, if you like cats (me!) They're good company. Breakfast was good, more than enough food, and we really enjoyed our history talk and the presenter (Mike Chamberlain I think was his name). We didn't bring our dog because we weren't sure if there were many dog friendly things to do in the area. Turns out there was and I immediately felt guilty for not bringing him, so we will definitely bring him next time. The ONLY complaint I have, and it's not really even a complaint, is that the bed felt super comfy upon first laying down, but both my husband and I woke up a few times uncomfortable. Like I said not really even a complaint because everyone prefers different beds! The linens and quilts were very cozy and fresh though. We're already planning a return trip in the summer.
Thanks for a great stay!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Battlefield B, Evening Host at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

I am glad that you had such a wonderful stay here with us at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn! Thank you very much for your feedback on your experience with our beds - we will take a closer look at the bed and see if we can improve it's comfort. I look forward to seeing you and your dog on your next visit with us.