All reviews the barn morning history tack room ghost stories history lesson each morning civil war cookies outdoor cats local historian root beer cats roaming social hour hideaway room breakfast was delicious b and b pre breakfast
Reviewed February 14, 2017

I booked this for my husband and I to have a nice getaway for a few days. The room was nice, a little noisy when people are walking or talking in the great room. Would probably pick another room if i returned. Second night found out the bed was broken. Almost put both of us on the floor, the doorknob on the door to outside was broken and shower heads in the awesome shower didnt work properly.. I would say the property is nice but they need to do some maintenance. The price is HIGH for what we got. I did however love the history lesson, the gentleman that did the class was awesome and was very knowledgeable. If the owners see this please check your rooms and furniture a little better, your prices are outrageous and for that price the place should be amazing as others say on here. I emailed owners about the issue and never had a response. Very dissapointed **Breakfast was good though

Room Tip: Rooms under the main room off of the deck are noisy if there is any activity going on, you can hear everything.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracey O
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

We arrived approx 7:00 PM to fresh chocolate chip cookies!! The staff was very helpful and since some of us are history buffs they said we shouldn't miss the 8AM history talk. Ok, I figured I'm game, let's see who talking....I wondered in a little early and meet Steve, what a wealth of knowledge and he brought props !!! A old double barrel shotgun, a replica of a Henry repeating rifle that we actually got to shoot !! 2 totes full of all kinds of stuff. We got to meet one of the owners who spent 30 minutes with us talking about the B+B and the weddings they have done in the past and the ones coming up. The second night fresh homemade oatmeal raisin cookies!!
Oh, I forgot about breakfast, I could I do that ?? Breakfast was awesome !! There were a total of 10 at our table 1 wanted no meat, 1 gluten free and 1 gluten free no eggs. The chef's prepared breakfasts that everyone was thrilled with. Fresh squeezed orange juice , real maple syrup and service with a smile ! The history talk the second morning was just as good as the first, judge Gerald gave us a perspective from towns people who were just trying to live there lives until all hell broke loose on July 1st 1863. Great time, great food and great people, I would definitely come back again....oh yea, I love the barn !!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2017

My wife, Shirley and I received an over night stay at the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast. Upon our arrival we were cordially greeting by our host and escorted to our room. The room was Civil War era decor. We noticed while being escorted to our room that their was a selection of clothing including uniforms dating back to that era. Also, there was a parlor outside our bedroom in period furnishings. The property is located down a lane where it is secluded, very picturesque. The next morning we attended a historic talk by an expert on the Battle of Gettysburg. He spoke mainly about the trials and tribulations of the foot soldiers and his equipment. He permitted me to shoot one of the rifles like the one carried by a soldier. We then had breakfast which was very good. We then prepared for our trip to the battlefield. We used the self guided tour and totally enjoyed the experience. One other thing. When we received our gift certificate, it was for more than he cost of the room. We were told they would not refund the difference. Instead, we were provided with a bottle of local wine and chocolate covered strawberries.
The only con is for me anyway, we stayed in Graham's Artillery room. The bed was uncomfortable and it was a little warm in our room. Perhaps the attempt was to duplicate the mattress of that era. To conclude, I would stay there again if I checked the mattresses.

Room Tip: If you prefer a comfortable bed you may wish to inquire
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drs1231
Battlefield B, Manager at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having you stay with us. We appreciate the feedback on the mattress and will look into it. Our guests are the best source of information for how comfortable their night's sleep was. We need to know. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

Battlefield B&B was perfect. Great rates, beautiful property, clean and comfortable rooms, and right next to everything in Gettysburg. It was a great getaway for me and my family (including our dog) and we can't wait to go back and visit again. The breakfast and the Civil War presentation were some of the big highlights!! And Glenn, one of the staff there, was incredibly hospitable and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2017

Very hospitable staff. They had organized a murder mystery dinner party for the guests. It was fun and well executed by professional staff. Florence had made excellent vegetarian options. But the pork loin catered was dry. We felt, they could have gone with a better catering company. But the breakfast at the inn was outstanding!

Room Tip: Riley North Carolina room opens into the breakfast area and you can hear noises which would be a problem if you want to stay late in bed.
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family