Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn
$115
$98
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$104
$80
$59
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$59
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$110
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$130
$119
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$98
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$93
$76
Travelocity
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
Gettysburg Hotel(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$179
$174
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe barnmorning historytack roomhistory lessonghost storiescivil wareach morningb bcookiesroot beerlocal historiancats roaminghideaway roompre breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswedding venuebeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2009

My dog and I both enjoyed the hospitality, the cordial folks, and the beautiful rooms and grounds. Well-behaved dogs are welcomed as long as they won't chase the cats. The history lessons in the morning before the breakfast, the afternoon lemonaide and cookies, and the general ambiance make this a place I will return to often.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank skyethorn
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Florence and her staff made us feel welcomed and valued. Staying over Passover/Easter holidays at the B&B with 6 yr. twins and 80+ grandparents was delightful. Amazingly everyone's needs were met during this relaxing and fun weekend. Florence was an inclusive host and taught my children how to die Easter eggs, shared ghost stories, and scheduled interesting morning historical talks that set the stage for later touring. The grounds were so much fun for my 6 yr. old twins, and the entire battlefield grounds kept them active and involved. Not only was breakfast lovely to look at, it was terrific to eat. We want to make this a holiday tradition.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank greenwalker2
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My husband , my ten year old son, and I recently stayed at the Gettysburg Battlefield Bed and Breakfast . What a treat! The rooms were spotless, comfortable and decorated with beautiful touches from a past era. The dining room where breakfast was served was elegant. Breakfasts were preceeded by a different history lecture each day. It was a great send off to go out and get the most out of the Gettysburg National Military Park and the surrounding area. It was very convieniently located near fine restaurants and interesting shopping. My son developed a much deeper interest in the Civil War and wants to go on to learn more about this era of American History. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank GettysburgHistory
Reviewed April 27, 2009

My partner and I debated whether to stay at a Gettysburg motel or spend a bit more and stay here. We decided to stay at the B&B and were glad we did. The breakfasts are truly gourmet quality, and the folks were most helpful, with lots of suggestions about how to make the most of our Gettysburg visit.

The historical presentations were the high point: special praise to Rick Garland, who's the only person I've ever seen get a whole room of adults singing in unison without feeling like idiots! He spent a couple of hours here, and provided lots of in-depth material on the battle in Q&A.

This place is a cat lover's paradise: if you sit outside and look friendly, chances are you'll have a cat in your lap soon.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Snakebite_Survivor
Reviewed March 15, 2009

I will have to say that overall we absolutely loved the inn, but because they allow kids to stay there --- and I mean small kids --- it was very noisy on Saturday night when we arrived and on Sunday morning, they (the kids) woke us up at 6:15 a.m.! NOT FUN! These were 2, 3 and maybe 5 year olds, and we just can't understand that a B&B would allow such small children to stay. It is the first B&B or inn that we've ever been to that allows such small kids. Often the age limit is 12 and over, because by then, kids normally know how to behave away from home. I mean, you go to a B&B to relax, not be upended by noise and lots of kids running around. At breakfast it was just bedlam. Kids running around, crying, etc. It was awful. However, that family checked out Sunday morning and we had one full day without children running around, as we stayed through Monday morning. The owner was extremely accomodating, the food was excellent, the service, way over the top and the atmosphere is just charming. We will absolutely stay here again, but next time, I will ask the owner if children are booked in other rooms during our stay and if they are, we will be making other arrangements. Anyway, if you are like us and want to get away from it all --- before you stay here, check to see if any children are booked during your stay, because the walls here are not sound proof (it's a very old house), and you can easily hear loud noises and other voices.

The location is very convenient to everything in Gettysburg, including restaurants, shops, battlefield, etc. --- not within walking distance, but certainly just a few minutes driving distance.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharjeff
Lorenerol, owner at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

I'm glad that these guests enjoyed many things about their visit. My inn is about people - all people. I treasure each and every one of my guests. This is one of my core values. I chose to run an inn where families, singles, couples, and every kind of traveler would be welcome. Do they do this seemlessly? Not every day, but a sense of humor goes a long way. I encourage parents to be considerate of other guests. I also encourage adults to be considerate of the children who are staying. My guests usually find that the warm atmosphere far out-weighs any inconvenience. And they come back again and again because we are all just having too much fun!