Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe barnmorning historytack roomhistory lessonghost storiescivil wareach morningb bcookiesroot beerlocal historiancats roaminghideaway roompre breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswedding venuebeautiful property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at The Battlefield Bed and Breakfast over a Halloween weekend. The property is so beautiful. I was greeted by the owner, Flo, like I was a close family member. She is so nice. She gave me a tour of the house and told me of the history of the house and property. The rooms were very comfortable and the room I stayed in was very large. The bathroom was double the size of most hotel bathrooms. After getting settled, I could smell fresh baked cookies, so I went downstairs to find cookies and beverages being set out for the guests. Everyone that stayed there that night were friendly and we had a lot of fun playing the piano and singing. The property itself is very historical and I had a great time exploring the yard and trails. I definitely would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone spending time in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Battlefield B, Owner at Battlefield Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay. You have captured what we are all about. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

They were very accommodating and gave good brief history of the property when we arrived. It's nice to be left alone. They were available if you needed them. The bed was a bit uncomfortable but I've defiantly slept in worse.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for being our guest. We appreciate knowing that our guests enjoy our morning history program and our breakfasts. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and just returned from a three day trip to Gettysburg and the Battlefield. We stayed at the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast and could not have found a more friendly and quaint place to stay near the Battlefield. Each morning they provide a hour historic discussion with a very informed individual...these discussions were a prelude to an exciting day at the battlefield. Next the B&B served a fabulous breakfast
The rooms where very clean and quite. Again the staff is extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the entire area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hart's Artillery room, which consisted a very comfortable double bed with a canopy. I am a large man and slept soundly in the bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We made a last minute decision to visit Gettysburg over the spring break and wanted a fun place to stay. This place was perfect for us as it was especially kid and pet-friendly. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel right at home. After a long day of driving and touring, we had fun taking pictures as we tried on the Civil War era clothes in the family room. Our room, the Tack Room, was beautiful! What a treat to wake up to horses at our porch door! The history lesson before breakfast was an extra that made the experience even more meaningful. Breakfast couldn't have been more delicious. It's a little out of the downtown area but well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay! The property is beautiful. Lots of room to roam. The rooms are comfy,clean & well equipped. The staff is awesome! They're very friendly & went above & beyond to make sure we were happy. The breakfasts were yummy & almost too pretty to eat. Morning history programs are a great touch. We wil definately will be returning on our next visit to Gettysburg

• Stayed: April 2013