“Very Disappointed....food was bad, beer was good”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very Disappointed....food was bad, beer was good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

My husband and I visited ABC last year and is was wonderful, so when we returned to Gettysburg, we made another trip. Whoa were we disappointed. Our food was not good at all and the prices were very high for what we ordered....$7 for a bowl of soup?!?! Are you serious?! Beer was very good, but don't waste your money on lunch or dinner. Not worth it, there are much better places to eat in Gettysburg that this place.

pennsville,nj
“not the greatest.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

restaurant was so-so. chili was good. 18$ steak was full of bristle and fat. My son who ordered it wound up eating his sisters pizza which was not good at all. hamburger was ok. if your going for hamburger or the chili it was ok. DO NOT ORDER THE STEAK. was not the cleanest place ever.

2 Thank katkev2003
Garwood, New Jersey
“Great Food....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

I spent my 2nd Memorial Day weekend in Gettysburg PA and this time i was determined to find better places to eat. The first time, we were not thrilled with any of our meals/restaurants. After much research, I stumbled across the Trip Advisor info for the Appalacian Brewing Company (ABC). It had mixed reviews but I was planning on going there this trip. I am happy to say that my meal was very good! My husband and I both had the meatloaf dish which was out of this world. The flavors and consistency of the meatloaf were delicious but topping it with mashed potates and gravy atop texas toast was pure genius! Thank you ABC for a great meal! My friend had the Sheppards Pie and thought the meat was over cooked but felt if it was cooked right, it would have been excellent. The appys were also good, soups very good as were the fish & chips. Our waitress was ok, at first she seemed very unemotional almost as if she hated her job. We asked her for a few items twice and just wasn't apologetic that she forgot. But after our entrees were served she did a 360 and was asking how our meal was and just bringing refills without asking us. The hostess was very friendly and happy - pleasant face for the front door! To sum it up, I say bravo ABC - you made our weekend!!!!

Canada
“Better Than The Dobbin House Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

.........neat atmosphere, great service, good food, excellent beer....what more could one want.........

1 Thank rgwsco
Lock Haven, PA
“Great food, great beer. Attentive wait staff. Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

It was pure serendipity that the Appalachian Brewing Company restaurant happened to be adjacent to the Quality Inn at Gen. Lee’s HQ where I recently stayed while in Gettysburg. I had seen their menu online beforehand and wanted to have either lunch or dinner there but ended up having both. I had lunch while waiting for my room to become available. I got the Crab Cakes on spinach with a side of polenta and a Pale Ale, all of which was very good. The service was prompt and wait staff accommodating. After some touring during the day, I returned to the Quality Inn in the evening just before a major thunderstorm with heavy wind was due so I decide to stay close by rather than venture out to dine elsewhere in bad weather. This time I had the fish n chips with a side of tasty cole slaw and a Scottish ale. I got the ale at the bartender’s recommendation and even though it was a darker brew than I usually drink, it was very good and not bitter, like I expected it to be. The fish had a wonderful thin crispy crust. Again, all very tasty and no complaints about service. I like the fact that one can ask for a sample of the many beers before buying a glass.

I want to visit Gettysburg again sometime and will definitely eat at the ABC again.

1 Thank redhen17745