“Friendly & attentive bar service”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #14 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have visited the ABC at it's location and Lititz a few times and have always been happy with the food and service. This afternoon I was looking for a place nearby to watch the World Cup USA match. I chose ABC Gettysburg Gateway because of my positive experiences in the past. It did not disappoint. They had several TVs in which to watch the game, and they lowered the music and turned up the sound on the game. I sat at the bar and received excellent service the whole time. She periodically checked in, but wasn't obnoxious or pushy like some bartenders can be when you are sitting at the bar to watch a game. Besides their brewed beer, they also had a local cider on tap and a full service bar. The drinks were good and cold. I ordered an order of their (hot) pretzel logs-- very yummy and served piping hot. My only complaint is that $9 seems a little expensive for 3 pretzel logs. Maybe they could offer a few happy hour or game day specials on apps. Otherwise, no complaints, except that we lost the game :(

There are newer reviews for Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place has really good pub grub. They offer a wonderful variety plank of several beers to try. Bathrooms are easily available. Definitely would return

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ate here with our family of 6. Had flight of beers-good. Waitress was nice, seemed to half try, but slow and didn't really "get it". Boys ordered crocks of chili but it was a mound of ground beef, a half a can of beans, barely any liquid, and tons of chili powder--hard to eat more than a bite. Also a crock of cheddar ale soup-decent. Girls had kids meals-chicken tacos which was a chicken breast cut in hunks stuffed in taco shell my daughter called "eewie" and grilled cheese- surprisingly ok but how can you goof that? Finish it off with an old bay seafood flatbread- overpriced and skimpy. We left feeling a little overcharged and under filled and wished it was the local brew and burger Mecca we expected. Would half heatedly return for beers and munches but definitely not if we were hungry.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at General Lee's Headquarters - Quality Inn, and this restaurant is on the property. We got dinner there twice, and the food was delicious. Try the Mac and Cheese Specialty. It is wonderful, and my husband loved The Boo Boo Burger. He had it both nights!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch and was very happy with the food quality and service. I had a Tree Hugger Black Bean burger which as great. The pretzel logs are a good starter app.