“Good food and staff”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Good food and staff”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited the Gateway Theaters location in Gettysburg with my wife during a day of battlefield touring. This was our first time at an Appalachian Brewing Co. First off, our server, Garrett, was EXCELLENT. He was attentive and provided great information re:selections. A potential bump in our experience was hit when my burger, ordered medium-well, arrived medium-rare. Now, we've all been in the position of returning food clearly not prepared as instructed and have been grilled by the server as if this is somehow our fault, that we were just being a nuissance or intentionally difficult. So when I flagged Garrett down after cutting into my bloody hot mess, I was prepared for the worst. I could not have been more impressed with how Garrett and staff handled the situation. Before I could even get the words out, he intervened and immediately took the dish to the kitchen where I could overhear the dialogue. There were no complaints, only a mutual attitude of apology and a determination to make it right. Garrett brought me fries to munch on while my burger was refired. Ten minutes later I was presented with one of the tastesty burgers I've ever enjoyed! Can't remember the name but it had rootbeer bbq sauce on it. My wife got the sasquatch burger and said it was really good. The fries were wonderful. The in-houserootbeer is out of this world; just wish it was free refills. Definitely looking forward to making this our go-to restaurant in the Gettysburg area.

Visited August 2013

PA
“Worth a try if you're in the area”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I brought my family here for dinner mainly because I was interested in trying their beer. In that, I was not disappointed. Their stout was very nicely balanced with haunting coffee aroma. The menu seemed a bit limited but we were able to find some good entrees that we liked. Unlike the beer, there wasn't much of a "wow" factor in the food - it was good, but it just seemed to be upstaged by the beer. I had the Hog Wild sandwich which was good, though not very wild. Could have been a little more savory/spicy.

Our three children ordered kids meals, of course, and I had to chuckle inwardly when the cheese & crackers (included with the kids meals) came to the table. It was basically a slice of processed American cheese with the plastic wrap removed and a cellophane packet of two Saltines.

The service was good, friendly and attentive. The décor inside is ok, but nothing that's going to amaze you. I would try them again when I'm in the area, but wouldn't make a special trip to go there.

• Visited July 2013
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“A microbrewery with good food”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The ABC is not only a brewery, but the food is good, too. I particularly like the 'Hog Wild' pulled pork barbecue sandwich. Each time I visit the Hog Wild seems to trump the other choices on the menu. I have sampled other sandwiches, paninis, salads and appetizers. All have met with my approval. Our visit yesterday (Saturday) revealed a crowded restaurant, fairly loud, and yet very enjoyable. The wait staff was handling the crowd well, as usual. Our server, Elisha, could not have been more pleasant and helpful with the menu items. We were quite pleased with our meals. We will be back again soon.

• Visited August 2013
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Good food and Atmosphere is Relaxed and Fun.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

During a recent weekend getaway to G-burg, my hubby and I enjoyed a relaxing evening listening to great classic rock tunes in the bar area (via their Sirius feed), good friendly service, great food (fish and chips were a '10', wings were excellent and great selection of salads and dressings), and micro brew/spirits. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Right Next To A Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My friend and I were spending the weekend in Gettysburg and went to the Appalachian Brewing Company the first night. It ended up being a riot. They had multiple selections for beers and just as many microbrews from their own distillery. It was dimly lit for being such a big place, but the atmosphere was one made for partying.

The only downside to the building was the bathroom being located down about 18 steps. It is all fine and dandy until someone gets too drunk and breaks their neck, but luckily it never happened to us.

This place is great and I suggest you go and try their six beer sampler pack!

Visited September 2012