“Good Food and Beer, horrible service and staff”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Beer, horrible service and staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our waitress took our drink order (she didnt know what beer was on tap) and appetizer order then forgot about asking us to order our main meal. Our nachos came without the sides of chili and guacamole and when we allerted the closest waitress, she sent a bus boy out with a cup of chili, (the cup and spoon kind that you order as a soup) and said "I was told to deliver this to you".

No refills on our drinks, not even an offer from the waitress. Again...we were forgotten.

When our main meal came, I was handed a basket of "chips" but my fish was forgotten. Our friends burger was overcooked when he specifically ordered pink.

When we asked for the manager, a young woman came out and said "you asked for me?". No introduction, no name...very unprofessional and short tempered.

Overall, the beer was good, the food....well, I cant say since ours was not made correctly and was not received correctly.

The staff.....horrible. Considering Gettysburg will be having alot of inflow tourists for the 150th I hope the ABC can fix this whole situation.

• Visited June 2013

kingston, ny
“Great Beer Selection”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband is always looking for a new kind of beer to try, so this place was perfect for him. We stopped for lunch and he had the chicken caesar salad and I had an asian salad. They were served very quickly and both meals were good. He tried the Purist Pale Ale and I had the Jolly Scot Ale. We enjoyed them both.

Visited June 2013
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“For the Beer enthusiast this is great; food is good, but not great”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have had Appalachian Brewing beer previously and this was consistently good beer. Not for the "Bud Light" crowd, this brewery makes a good hearty beer, from Pale Ales to lighter summer ales. Food is typical Brewery food, a cut above the usual "pub grub" but not great: burgers, salads, finger foods and wraps.

• Visited April 2013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“I would go again because the food and brew was good.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The beer is good and the food is decent. The service isn't very prompt but I will say that the waitress was nice though.

• Visited June 2013
Riverside, California
“Good food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food is good, and it is convenient to the Quality Inn motel and General Lee's headquarters. Service was slow both times we ate there.

Visited June 2013