“Great for Families”

Appalachian Brewing Company - Gettysburg Gateway
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newburgh, New York
“Great for Families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at the Quality Inn next door and this was a hidden bonus that made the stay great. Selection is varied to satisfy large groups, food is prepared better than any Brew Pub we've been to. The staff is Excellent and very helpful. Highly recommend this to anyone visiting Gettysburg

• Visited March 2013

Saratoga Springs, New York
“Dinner stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stopped here for dinner while touring Gettysburg. Place had just opened. Greeted and seated promptly. Table was uneven and waiter had to stuff napkins under a leg to balance it. Wife had the veggie Panini and I ordered the "All you can eat" beer battered fish. It was really greasy but I ate it. Asked for another piece and it took them over a half hour to bring it to me. Could of ate a third piece but didn't want to wait that long again. Overall, it was a typical chain restaurant. Food wasn't terrific but it did the trick. Probably will not go back there again.

• Visited June 2013
Roaring Spring
“Our group had a good time here.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went here when we visited Gettysburg with our son's baseball team during a tournament for the team.
We had 45 in our group and the staff handled it very well as they skipped across the room taking orders from parents and their children as we all sat at different tables. The crew was very patient with such a large, noisy group. Our drinks were served quickly and the food wasn't far behind, so the kitchen staff deserve some praise as well.
Food and beer all good. I am looking forward to going back.
My only criticism is that we bought a case of their root beer soda and they won't mix flavors in a case. We would have liked to try their birch beer and ginger beer, but didn't want to buy 3 full cases.

• Visited June 2013
Morton, Pennsylvania
“Worth a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good food and nice choice of beers. The highlight, though, was the white Birch Beer - try a draft of this delicious, unique liquid. The service was very good but the room, mainly for seating larger groups, in was very noisy. We may have been better off in the dining area adjacent to the bar.

Visited June 2013
Avis, Pennsylvania
“Nice, but a typical beer joint.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

The friend I was visiting recommended this place for lunch. The atmosphere is pleasant and typical for this kind of restaurant. It was clear that the bar is the main attraction. For an appetizer we shared spinach dip was the best I’ve ever had. For my entrée I chose one of their signature burgers (I can’t remember exactly the name from the menu). Sadly, it wasn’t cooked “well done” which is what I asked for. It was tasty, but honestly it was no better than any other “gourmet” type burger. The side order of fries were so-so. I’ve had way better at other places (Red Robin for instance). Just like another reviewer mentioned, the food seems mainly to wash down the many varieties of beer on tap. But, go for the spinach dip at least.

• Visited May 2013