“Worth a visit!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Pennsylvania
“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a trip over the mountain from Chambersburg to Gettysburg and stopped at this restaurant. We had tried the one in Harrisburg and liked it. Our seating was prompt, our waitress was very nice. I chose the Wild Hog sandwich with rootbeer bbq and my husband chose a burger. He said it was the best one he's had in a long time. My pork sandwich was wonderful and i love the fact the sauce was on the sweet side. We got homemade chips with it. They were a bit too dark for my liking which rendered them a bit tasteless so I'm not sure if you can ask them to not fry them so dark or not. We purchased a bottle of their homemade rootbeer and it's very good. All in all I would recommend stopping to give this restaurant a try.

Illinois
“Eat here!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We ate here while staying at the General Lee. Food was awesome and low-priced. Service was impeccable. I don't drink alcohol, but they had many choices for those who do

Visited August 2012
Pasadena MD
“Great brew and food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Recently I discovered the Applachian Brewing Company next to the Lee Headquarters in Gettysburg. Because I am a fan of mirco brew beers I decided to give it a try. The selection of beers they brew cover the entire range from bitter to stout. However, because they are all so good I can't identify a favorite. The food selection is also great. The homemade patatoe chips are fantastic. My wife had the pulled pork which she said was one of the best she has eaten. The down side (if it is down side) is that the amount of food is plentiful. Eating everything served along with a few brews will necessitate a long walk around the battlefield. Unlike the other resturants closer into the town, rarely is there a waiting line which is great when you are hungry for a great burger and a cold drink.

“Will return”
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Nice combinations. Only downer about food is temperature. My salad was served n a warm bowl. And one appetizer dip should have been hotter.

Julian, California
“Long wait but worth it!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Almost left after being told there was an hour wait, but we hung on, and got called within 30 minutes. Loved my grilled Ceasar salad (something different), and my husband thought his meatloaf was substantial and delicious! Soup good too!