“One of my favorite places”
Review of Jennie Wade House

Jennie Wade House
Ranked #10 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I visited the Jennie Wade house for the first time as a kid and my mom told me that we were related to Jennie on her side of the family. Then I got to take my kids there and share this piece of family history with them as well. I love this house and the story. It is a little creepy in the basement, but what old basement isn't creepy? The tour is very informative and it is a great experience for everyone.

There are newer reviews for Jennie Wade House

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a young female tour guide and she was so passionate about her talk and very well-spoken. You could see this was not just "a job" for her, she was very interested in telling the story of Jennie Wade. Even put my finger in the bullet hole-hopefully a wedding prosal will happen in a year!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited the Jennie Wade House a few years back (we have been coming to Gettysburg every year). When we visited, it was an enjoyable experience. We were the only people in the house at the time so it wasn't overly crowded and we could take our time looking around. It's neat to see inside a home from 1863 for sure! Of course, the tragic story of Jennie Wade is what makes this house a museum of sorts. It's definitely a place to check out. If you're into the paranormal, this was actually where I had my first paranormal experience in Gettysburg (have had a few more intense ones since). At the time I visited here, I was about 21 or 22 the same age as Jennie Wade when she was killed. As I was walking up the stairs and had just reached the top of the stairs I felt a full on tap on my shoulder, as I turned around I noticed my mother was only just starting to reach the top so there was no way that it was her. Needless to say I was a little shakey after that, but it was definitely a neat experience. The cost of admission is the average price for most of the little museums around town. Not bad at all.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

A tourist destination for over 100 years, this place offers a tour and gift shop that is pleasing to adults and children. The basement is kinda' spookey!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Roger was our tour guide and he was so knowledgeable. It was interesting to hear the tragic story of Jennie Wade and see the bullet hole in both doors that killed her.

1  Thank Tara G

Been to Jennie Wade House? Share your experiences!