“An educational experience.”
Review of Jennie Wade House

Jennie Wade House
Ranked #11 of 112 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited the Jennie Wade House a few years back (we have been coming to Gettysburg every year). When we visited, it was an enjoyable experience. We were the only people in the house at the time so it wasn't overly crowded and we could take our time looking around. It's neat to see inside a home from 1863 for sure! Of course, the tragic story of Jennie Wade is what makes this house a museum of sorts. It's definitely a place to check out. If you're into the paranormal, this was actually where I had my first paranormal experience in Gettysburg (have had a few more intense ones since). At the time I visited here, I was about 21 or 22 the same age as Jennie Wade when she was killed. As I was walking up the stairs and had just reached the top of the stairs I felt a full on tap on my shoulder, as I turned around I noticed my mother was only just starting to reach the top so there was no way that it was her. Needless to say I was a little shakey after that, but it was definitely a neat experience. The cost of admission is the average price for most of the little museums around town. Not bad at all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)
All reviews
in 91 reviews
"life"
in 107 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2014

A tourist destination for over 100 years, this place offers a tour and gift shop that is pleasing to adults and children. The basement is kinda' spookey!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Roger was our tour guide and he was so knowledgeable. It was interesting to hear the tragic story of Jennie Wade and see the bullet hole in both doors that killed her.

1  Thank Tara G
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I did the midnight tour. It was great. I am a girl and I do have long hair. I felt my hair being stroked and something touch my lip. They then investigated and we found that it was a 10 year old boy following me around. He was interested in me and he said "yes" when we asked if he had touched my hair. He then spoke and said "there." I am not sure what he meant by that but it was a great experience to feel a spirit touch me and then verify that he had done it! I recommend this tour to anyone and everyone.