“Kids love the story and the house”
Review of Jennie Wade House

Jennie Wade House
Ranked #11 of 110 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

A tourist destination for over 100 years, this place offers a tour and gift shop that is pleasing to adults and children. The basement is kinda' spookey!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)
All reviews
in 90 reviews
"life"
in 105 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Roger was our tour guide and he was so knowledgeable. It was interesting to hear the tragic story of Jennie Wade and see the bullet hole in both doors that killed her.

1  Thank Tara G
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I did the midnight tour. It was great. I am a girl and I do have long hair. I felt my hair being stroked and something touch my lip. They then investigated and we found that it was a 10 year old boy following me around. He was interested in me and he said "yes" when we asked if he had touched my hair. He then spoke and said "there." I am not sure what he meant by that but it was a great experience to feel a spirit touch me and then verify that he had done it! I recommend this tour to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We did the tour as we had done everything else really to do with the battle. The guide shows you through the house where Jenny Wade was shot (it is not where she lived, it was her sister's home). Although a tragic story, it's no more so than countless other stories about the war.

1  Thank caz215