“Enjoyable”
Review of Jennie Wade House

Jennie Wade House
Ranked #14 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The Jennie Wade House is a guided tour with the guides in period clothing taking you through the home where the only civilian killed during the battle of Gettysburg was tragically lost. As the story unfolds the guides take you room to room following the path of the family on July 3rd 1863.
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was staying in the hotel next door and I visited the Jennie Wade House on my own. I thought I could just wander thru but it's actually a guided tou - I think it only cost $8. I enjoyed the tour - it was informative and tooks about 50 mins. The host walks you through the house and talks about the events during the Battle of Gettysburg. The house is full of period furniture.

At the end of the tour, they take you down to the basement - where Jennie's body lay until she was buried.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)
All reviews
in 37 reviews
"basement"
in 91 reviews

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We did this tour a day after the Shriver House tour and we really didnt need to do it and it wasnt the best. It seemed like they needed to drag out the story of Jennie Wade to make a tour. The kids and I preferred the Shriver house tour hands down. You can visit Jennie Wade's gravesite at the Greenfield Cementary. Look for the flag.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This attraction was right next to our hotel, so we had to stop and take a tour. My favortie part was sitting in the actual celler that the family did 150 years ago! Creepy and tugs at the heart strings. It was also awesome that the live motor that had come into the house crating the hole in the wall and roof was on loan and exhibit to see!

1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The history surrounding it...and the way things were preserved, made it a worth while visit. I've done a daytime tour, plus a night time visit. Even though it was a ghost tour, I found zero things that went bump in the dark. Again...the history makes it worth the visit.