“Nice but crowded.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Drummer Boy Camping Resort
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nice but crowded.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My friends and I came in for a short weekend and were expecting to stay at a pond view tent site but the area was flooded out and had to move us but we know this isn't the resorts fault and we still had a great time. We stayed on the weekend where they did Halloween activities and thought it was super cute that they had a decorated golf cart "parade" through the grounds and had the kiddos trick or treat from site to site.

Now, even though we did enjoy ourselves it won't be our next pick for camping because a lot of the sites are very close together. We stared at the back of an RV pretty much sitting over our campsite the entire time. While everyone was incredibly nice in passing it was very populated. If you enjoy more of a woodsy camping trip, this isn't the place but it's great for families with children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank K_The_Hon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the cabins and thoroughly appreciated the air conditioning after very hot days visiting the hallowed grounds of Gettysburg! We had 5 adults sleeping comfortably in the spacious cabin. Having the fully kitchen made breakfasts less hectic and a nice place to have an evening dinner together. We enjoyed takeout from the grocery store in town. Our stay was in July--so hot and humid...and the air conditioning was perfect! We did not spend much time at the campground...did grill out one dinner and enjoyed the covered porch during a rain shower. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Lackawanna, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I love to camp! My husband and I decided to tent here while he had a re-enactment to do at the wax museum. We were told on the phone we were at one site and showed up and told another. The site we were given barely fit our van. It was so small and our neighbors were loud and drunk. If I was to tent again I would hope to pick out my site instead.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Hippiemomma1990
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was worried after reading some reviews but was surprised what a nice weekend we had. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend. We arrived late in the dark and the office was closing, we asked if we could be shown to our site and security did take us to our site 62 in the dark and helped us back in. We really appreciated this since it was very dark and many trees. Once I got out of the vehicle I said what is that noise? Here it was the highway and I was not happy but I did get use to it and my worries stopped. It was very hot and the air conditioner drowned out the highway. The campground was very nice. Spacious sites in the woods and no trailers on top of you. We were very lucky, we had nice friendly neighbors. The resort is big and we tried walking it with our dogs, they were to tired to go all the way. We did ride our bicycles and one area did smell sewage. The cabins are huge and many of them. Nice lake for kids to fish. Husband and son went and used the slide at the pool which was free this weekend. We also played mini golf which was free too, for the weekend. The first pool with the hot tub was too cold for me, many still used it so i used the hot tub. I saw many campgrounds in the area this weekend and we even drove thru some. Drummer Boy seemed to be the nicest. I will return, if I can get the same area we camped at, I really liked that site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Acworth, GA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed in their 3 bedroom deluxe cottage with 3 teens and 4 adults for 3 nights. The cottage was clean and everything worked great. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful and the campground location was about a mile from all the major attractions. We will be back next year. The only down side to the visit was the gravel road in front of our unit which produced lots of dust and dirt when the golf carts zoomed past our unit. I don't mind to sound pickey but when we sat outside at night we were covered with it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Plainfield, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at Drummerboy in July this year and it was great. The campground was clean, quiet and well maintained. I couldn't believe the price we paid for 6 nights, it was less then 400.00 Can't get that here in CT. We were very satisfied with the staff and the pools were clean. We stayed at site 356 and the restrooms near us could have been a little cleaner but they weren't too bad. They just need to pay more attention to the toilets. Other then that it was great. I would highly recommend it and we would definitely go back. Highway way traffic was low so no complaints there!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Winters0584
Eldersburg, Maryland, United States
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I chose this to tent camp at on a whim. We were placed at site 126, which did not have a level surface, so we called to request to be moved to a site that was (128). They told us that 128 was unavailable, so we set up where we were. Once we got set up we were consistently overwhelmed by a miasma of raw sewage stink. After deliberating on whether to stick it out at the site, I finally called and requested again to be moved anywhere but where we were due to the smell. The clerk stated, "oh yeah your down by the septic tank, it does often smell down there." WOW! If you know it smells like that, why would you put us or anyone there!? She then told me that we could move to site 128, the one that was unavailable an hour earlier. So, in the torrential rain we up and moved our site some 20 yards away. Once bed time came around, music was blaring, middle schooler's were racing their golf carts around, the poop smell lingered in the air, and the awesomeness of the great outdoors was further drowned out by the roar of the highway all night. This place is a joke of a campground in the traditional sense, and we were racing to get out of there as soon as the sun rose. I had promised my sons a dip in the pool, but there was no chance of that happening. If you plan to go tent camping in Gettysburg, I would not recommend Drummer Boy Camping Resort, unless of course you like the smell of raw sewage and don't like to experience nature. If I could give this zero stars I would.

Room Tip: Avoid any tent site that are in the loop with site 126