“great value”

Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
elmira, ny
“great value”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We stayed at the Sleep Inn at Gettysburg because there were no rooms available in town. This hotel is a few miles away from battlefield. Clean, comfortable, free breakfast (typical continental fare), and heated indoor pool. For just $80 with AAA rate, I will def come back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank beckyspencer
MSunday_pa373, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear beckyspencer,

I would love to extend my thanks for your recent feedback. I can also say that although you may not have went out of your way to book us as your first choice, we are happy that you have had a chance to experience our hotel first hand, and that you had a positive stay with us. We are currently in the process of upgrading our breakfast menu to include hot food selections as well. Perhaps by your next visit that addition will be complete. We are also in the process of upgrading the entire facility, guest rooms, lobby and the breakfast area as well, a transition that is sure to bring a smile to your face the next time you get to stay with us. We look forward to your return, and we'll keep the pool warm for you.

Sleep Inn & suites of Gettysburg
sleepinnguestrelations@gmail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had been to the Sleep Inn a couple years back and the service was terrible and the building was falling apart...literally. I was surprized at the time to find out the building was only 3 years old at the time. The apperance of the building, and the quality of service at the time were hand and hand very smug front desk people with an i dont care attitude. My wife booked us a room recently there and although i was tenative i figured since she already booked we would give it one last shot. When we arrived I noticed that there was an under new management sign, and it was under local ownership. When we walked in we were warmly greeted by a very nice gentleman, I believe his name was Paul, he was very courteous and welcoming. I asked him about the new ownership and told him about my past experience here and he assured me that the hotel was being revamped from the ground up..and was it ever. The hotel was so clean, and even the housekeeping staff was friendly. We had a king suite with a jacoozy tub right in the living area!! this was awesome! Needless to say it was a great couple days ;) The hotel is a little off the beaten path about 2 miles from the downtown area but easily accessible, very close to many food spots. I would visit here again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jason P
Philip Edward M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Jason P,

Thank you for your feedback! I remember your stay here and you my friend, were a remarkable guest! I thank you for sharing your travelling experiences with me, and can't wait to be updated about your trip to Tik'al! Feel free to drop by anytime. P.S. I assume you were speaking of me when talking of the fron desk guy...We don't have a Paul. :)

Your Friend,

Sleep Inn & Suites of Gettysburg
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is a first time endeavor for these new hotel owners, but they totally will bend over backwards to make your experience here the best it can be! I called down anytime and the front desk people always had the right answers and the best suggestions. The rooms were clean and enjoyed the heated pool and jacuzzi room with the subzero temps outside....continental breakfast was a nice start to the day too. This kind of treatment has made me a WEEKLY guest, thanks and see you soon friends!

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the building....most even numbered rooms :)
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Tarahoodle
Dear tarahoodle,

Over the course of these last few months, I have gotten to know you as one of our absolutely favorite guests. I think I speak for the entire staff when I say, "You brighten up our days!" We appreciate you sharing your crafts with us. I can honestly say it is a delight to have you staying with us so often. It is an absolute pleasure to be able to give you excellent service week after week, and we all look forward to hearing more of your stories. Can't wait to see you next week!

Sleep Inn & Suites of Gettysburg