“Good base camp for Gettysburg”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Staff was helpful and personable. Owner is onsite and very nice. Campground is very clean. Bathrooms very clean but small. Had to wait in line for a shower a few times. We had a campsite that backed up to creek. Kids loved wading in creek and catching creatures. Pool was clean but closed at 8 for overnight cleaning, too early since it was soooo hot! Activities were non existent during the week and limited on the weekend but we were there to sightsee, so it didnt bother us. Great location for traveling into Gettysburg. Sites were large, shaded and level with gravel but they used large gravel and it was sharp even under our patio mat.

Room Tip: Creek sites are spacious and fun for kids!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean G

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went with my friend and his daughter just this past weekend. We rented a cottage which suited perfectly. The grounds were in great shape as was the cottage. The only flaw was that the porch chairs weren't the greatest and the mattresses are EXTREMELY hard!
The staff couldn't have been nicer and you could be as busy as you wanted with activities or just sit and rest--completely up to you.

Hope to go back again and would love to see them follow through with pet friendly cottages!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I visited the Gettysburg Campground for a weekend in August 2013. We do not camp often, so it was nice that it wasn't too rugged and close to the attractions. Check-in was quick and easy and the front desk was very helpful with suggestions and directions. There was a little shop in with the front desk to get any of those little things you forgot, plus ice and firewood. There were lots of activities for the little ones (playground, large field for running) some cost extra (mini-golf, bike rentals). We stayed in a tent and the location was nice, right next to the little river. I would have like a larger site or to have them a little more spread out, we felt like we lacked a lot of privacy. There were port-a-potties directly across from the site, which was convinient. I witnessed the staff come by several times a day to clean them. The bath house was a little walk, it was ok, but smelled a bit and only offered a few stalls. Overall for just the two nights we stayed it was good and we'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The men's room was terrible; only 2 toilets, one with door hanging off, the other with ripped shower curtain for a door. Had to stand in line to use urinal. When I complained, paid $65 for one night, was asked to leave by owner! Paid for a water site, next to a mud hole. Sites were very crowded, much to close! Bath house was filthy and much too small! Been camping for over 50 years and this has to be one of the worst campgrounds I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank 99Bill
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Me and my brother in law stayed here on to sites last year. Me and my wife on one site and my brothers in law and sister next to us. Sites very small except the on my. Brother in law on. People have no respect for the site lines people behind us had there tent half on our spot and my brother inlaw had a guy behind him with his camper on the the so he exit his camper on his spot. People across from us got in a fight at 3am and woke up half the camp ground. We called the office no one answered. Then at 8 in the morning the owner showed up and said if we call leave a message he would have called back. Stupid if you ask me. Every employee that we talked to had a bad attitude. When we told them we where unhappy they did not care. Never will I stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at this c/g for 3 nights in a travel trailer. Others in our party had an rv. Everything was neatly kept & clean. Camp sites were very small. If the c/g had been full we would not have had any space.
Our last night there we were harassed by the campground patrol person. He asked us to turn down music, which was not loud but we complied, and told 4 responsible adults with children to "behave ourselves". He then proceeded to drive by several times slowly watching us. He stopped again when he heard a tiny noise, a piece of firewood fell, and my sister-in-law proceeded to tell him to stop harassing us. He left us alone after that. I have never been to a campground where we were watched like that.
Also dont play with toys in the gift shop, if it makes a noise the staff all yell at you. We will not be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Lutefamily
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a very good campground. The staff and management were most friendly and helpful. Quick check in and very good sites. The campground was full but you did not feel
crowded. Good gate security and the facility was very well maintained.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple