“Honest, friendly people!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gettysburg Campground
Frederick, Maryland
“Honest, friendly people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was my first trip to this campground and I loved it! The reservations were easy to make. Upon arrival the staff was very helpful and informative. Our site was just what I wanted shady by the marsh. I did not even receive one bug bite. The Elvis show was great, but I felt bad for him because it was so hot outside. What most impressed me was when I bought some ice at the store and left my wallet. I did not realize it until hours later. I called and they said they had it in the lost and found. I went back and sure enough it was there, everything was still inside it! I will definitely come back and would recommend this campground to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank delores f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tannersville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We chose this campground based on its website and reviews. The sites are very spacious with plenty of shade. the access roads are a little tight, making backing in a bit tricky. I was somewhat disappointed in the restrooms. For the size of the place, 2 small bathroom areas with only 3 showers and 2 stalls each seems kind of restrictive. We like to use showers at campgrounds due to the small size of our RV shower, It didn't seem to matter when we went, we had to wait in line.

Otherwise, this is a very nice campground with lots to do. Only a few miles from the Military Park, Try it,,,you'll like it,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Aldan, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently visited Gettysburg Campground for the second time and we love it here! The Adams family are wonderful hosts! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Our truck broke down in 100 degree heat 1/4 mile from the campground and Mr. Bill came to rescue me so I didn't have to sit in the blazing sun while we waited for a tow truck. They are so accomodating - they help you park your rig and try to help you with any problems. The campground has many activities and the bathrooms are spotless. The laundry area, game room, pool, playground and camp store are very well maintained. We didn't use the cottages but we were looking for one for our friends and they opened one up and let us view it. It was really beautiful and had all the neccesities (all you need to bring is your own linen). We've already reserved for next year. Very close to Gettysburg attractions (~ 3 miles I think) Highly recommend this campground!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great family oriented campground close to all of the Gettysburg attractions. Mini golf, pool and clean restroom facilities makes for an easy stay. Courteous staff and good rates. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
Louisa, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We visited this campground on June 14 thru 18, 2012 with a group of our Good Sam Chapter members. We had a wonderful time and found the owner and others to be very helpful. The building with meeting room and pavilion was very nice. They were very accomodating to have all ten of our rigs in close proximity to the building and close together. The only negatives were the lack of 50 amp power and the pool hours. The owner sayed they plan to add more 50 amp sites and the pool should be open later than 8:30 P.M. when the temp. is pushing 100 degrees.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rallyhost
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here in mid-May with friends while touring Gettysburg. It was my first experience camping and I really enjoyed it. The campsite was nice, right by the creek. The facilities were well kept, showers were clean. Though there was an occasional wait in the mornings. Nights around the firepits were fun and relaxing. There was plenty of space for games for adults and children to play during the day.
My only complaint was how close the campsites were to one another. I could hear other groups up talking, or snoring all night... During the day it didn't bother too bad, everyone was friendly. That may be the norm that was just my first experience camping.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Delilah82
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had a fabulous time here on our site by the creek. We loved watching the ducks swim by, including a mama with her 9 ducklings! Waking in the mornings to bird-songs and fresh breezes was very pleasant. Most of the sites are shady with mature trees mixed with saplings. The owners are super friendly, helpful, and constantly available. Wifi is great! Even though there are lots of dogs, there are no dog messes, and very minimal barking. Nights are silent! And the park is pretty quiet even during the day. The bathrooms and showers are spic and span with plenty of hot water, and they are spaced throughout the park so you never have to wait for a shower. All of this was amazing because we were there during the first week of July, when the park was packed! The camp store is well-stocked and has reasonable prices. There is an RV repair business next to the park which will come right to your campsite if you need help! (We didn't but we saw them helping some other folks.) Talk about taking the stress out of a vacation!

Room Tip: Bring a vehicle so you can travel into Gettysburg on your own time schedule.