“Great Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
California
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

FOR SURE - order the Pork Shank or the Game Pie. The menu description does not do these menu options justice. The pork meat literally falls off the bone and there was a great deal of meat in the game pie. In truth, I could not tell which pieces were the turkey, duck and pheasant, but it did not matter...it was great.

Atlanta
“Game Pie- TO DIE FOR”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Intimate lighting, fair pricing and a sensational menu, unchanged in the 30 years I have been dining there, Farnsworth House is a terrific way to rest your weary legs after a full day of touring the battlefield. They gratuitously added a ghost tour there and that keeps the place hopping at the end of dinner service, as they suddenly discovered Gho$t$ there recently (lol). The souvenier menus on scented yellow parchment are a dandy keepsake and the spoon bread beats Colonial Williamsburg.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank expo66
northeast Ohio
“Dependable!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We tend to gravitate towards the Farnsworth House Tavern every time we are in Gettysburg, The food is excellent and service is great. My husband ordered the mashed potatoes and meatloaf dinner and while I was enjoying my baked potato soup and salad I noted he had already finished his meal! I did get a small taste of the meat loaf and had to agree with him that it was quite good.
The vegetarian diner in our party was able to order from the childrens menu where two options listed were available to those who choose not to eat meat. Don't miss the Farnsworth House
Tavern for dinner or lunch while in Gettysburg.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Good atmosphere both inside and outside”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I sat outside in the Beer Garden on Friday and went back to sit inside at the Tavern bar on Saturday night. The same bartender waited on us during both of our visits there and was friendly and gave us some good recommendations on things to do and places to see in the area. I ordered a fruit and cheese platter Saturday as I have dietary restrictions which the menu did not accommodate very well; howevever, the atmosphere is cosy both inside and outside of the Inn, and I would definitely go back there for drinks again.

MA
“A great Gettysburg restaurant experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This restaurant is a great place to eat after spending a long day exploring Gettysburg. They serve some pretty unique historical dishes which we really appreciated. When you go to a place like Gettysburg, its nice not to have the the history end at dinnertime. Make sure to enjoy the side dishes that come with the meal, like spoon bread and pickled watermelon rind. Try everything! As for the menu, try some of the more unusual dishes. We did and it was delicious and fun. This restaurant is not cheap but the prices seemed fair

We sat outside as the weather permitted. While we were not inside, it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere.

The building itself is really interesting. Look for bullet holes in the bricks!

Visited July 2014