“Dependable!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
northeast Ohio
“Dependable!”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We tend to gravitate towards the Farnsworth House Tavern every time we are in Gettysburg, The food is excellent and service is great. My husband ordered the mashed potatoes and meatloaf dinner and while I was enjoying my baked potato soup and salad I noted he had already finished his meal! I did get a small taste of the meat loaf and had to agree with him that it was quite good.
The vegetarian diner in our party was able to order from the childrens menu where two options listed were available to those who choose not to eat meat. Don't miss the Farnsworth House
Tavern for dinner or lunch while in Gettysburg.

Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Good atmosphere both inside and outside”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I sat outside in the Beer Garden on Friday and went back to sit inside at the Tavern bar on Saturday night. The same bartender waited on us during both of our visits there and was friendly and gave us some good recommendations on things to do and places to see in the area. I ordered a fruit and cheese platter Saturday as I have dietary restrictions which the menu did not accommodate very well; howevever, the atmosphere is cosy both inside and outside of the Inn, and I would definitely go back there for drinks again.

MA
“A great Gettysburg restaurant experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This restaurant is a great place to eat after spending a long day exploring Gettysburg. They serve some pretty unique historical dishes which we really appreciated. When you go to a place like Gettysburg, its nice not to have the the history end at dinnertime. Make sure to enjoy the side dishes that come with the meal, like spoon bread and pickled watermelon rind. Try everything! As for the menu, try some of the more unusual dishes. We did and it was delicious and fun. This restaurant is not cheap but the prices seemed fair

We sat outside as the weather permitted. While we were not inside, it was nice to sit outside and enjoy the atmosphere.

The building itself is really interesting. Look for bullet holes in the bricks!

Visited July 2014
York, Pennsylvania
“SLOW!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We live locally ....visited Farnsworth House several times this summer ....always sat on patio outside. All was fine ...until our last visit. It was not crowded on a Sunday afternoon ...so service should have been prompt.......we waited an hour for 'a special of the day ...chicken fajita flatbread ' . Our server said another server took our order by mistake ....but they could have prepared several orders in the hour that we waited. We were offered a complimentary cheese/fruit plate while we waited ...and that took over 10 minutes to arrive. Meanwhile my diabetic husband had to eat a bag of sugar because his blood sugar fell so low ....after I explained to server that he needed food NOW , I thought she would have put rush on cheese plate. When the flatbread did arrive ....the chicken was full of bones. What a disappointing experience ! It will be a long time before we return to Farnsworth House ...despite the pleasant patio area.

2 Thank Barb B
Holliston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great food - great experience!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

Such a beautiful historic place rich with stories. The food and service were EXCELLENT and I discovered my new favorite food - "spoon bread"! Don't ask, just eat it. Yummy! I had the prime rib while husband had the game pie and it was a wonderful meal! A must in Gettysburg.

Visited August 2014