“not too bad” 3 of 5 bubbles

Farnsworth House Tavern
Ranked #14 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore
“not too bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nice and clean, we ate inside. different menu from outside. food good, was going to order a burger, saw one delivered to a table next to us, not a big burger for the money. Had the open beef sandwitch with gravy found it good. Very good wings!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Anyroadanytime

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great place to stop and grab a beer on the patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

We didn't go inside the tavern, but sat outside and drank a beer while people-watching. The neat thing about this place is the bullet holes from the battle are still in the brick at the end of the tavern.

Visited July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“lovely outdoor setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Love to eat outside in the summer and this little spot is charming nestled under trees and beside a little bubbling brook. The prices are a tad high, but the food and very attentive service is worth it. Nice selection of lunch and dinner foods. After first night of dining, we decided to share a meal the second night because the portions were very large, too much so for us. The servers dress in period costumes and take their job very seriously.
Within walking distance to shops and museums so convenient location.
Highly recommend this establishment. It has much history as well. Bullet holes in walls of the building from the Battle of Gettysburg.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank cordoba29
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
“Not Family Friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

When I saw the words, "Family Friendly" on the Tavern sign I thought this would be a great, convenient place to have dinner before our ghost tour at the Farnsworth House. Let me first say that our waitress was wonderful and the adult meals were good and reasonably priced...I asked if there was a children's menu and was told they still have one but it was taken off of the printed menu. The server told us the choices that all came with apple sauce, no fries. When we got our check, I was unpleasantly surprised that a child meal containing 3 chicken strips and a small cup of apple sauce was almost $10! I normally don't complain, but I just had to say something about this. If you are going to charge almost $10 for a small child meal, it should be listed on the menu! It felt as though the tavern takes the approach that it okay b/c it is a tourist town without a high rate of repeat customers. Well, we are from Lancaster County and go to Gettysburg at least every couple of years, but will not be visiting the Sweeny Tavern for dinner again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kelli B
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Just Ok Food but great atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had the open face roast beef sandwich....now I usually have that when I go places it is offered and it is usually piled high with meat and gravy. This was thinly sliced roast that was tough. I had the sweet bread with apple butter and it was good. I love the atmosphere of the place but would not eat there again.

• Visited July 2014