“Authentic Civil War Era Dining”

Farnsworth House Tavern
Ranked #15 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This place is awesome anywhere you choose to sit and eat or drink. They have an outdoor patio beer garden in the shade. The tavern is neat but the main restaurant you will need to make a reservation. Food is yummy. We really enjoy visiting here. The building has bullet holes in the side of bricks from the war.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We ate in the sweeney tavern and it was quiet. Our meals were very good, also the waitress forgot our rolls at dinner. But service was good.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Love the tavern! The food is wonderful, I crave the pulled pork. Have been there 3 times in the last week and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate and drank here several nights. It was delicious and the staff members were very kind. I will definitely be back for their Beer Garden!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was really excited to try Sweney's Tavern, and I just wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. The menu was very small, but the food was good. We both got hot turkey sandwiches. I had a black & tan beer for the first time, and I loved it. The place has some interesting memorabilia from the movie "Gettysburg."

But the service just wasn't impressive. The young man serving us was charming, but he admitted to not being very familiar with the menu, and we were in the middle of discussing what we wanted for dessert when he dropped off our check. So we paid and went across the street to Mr. G's for ice cream.